Driveshaft length for 4 speed conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all - new to this site and new FJ40 owner....

Recently purchased a 4 speed conversion, everything went fine with the install until I went to bolt up the rear driveshaft. As you can see in the pics it is too long. It measures about 22" flange to flange with the yoke completely compressed. This is the one they sent me with the 4 speed conversion kit. Does anyone know what the correct driveshaft length should be? This is going on a '72 FJ40 with a 4 speed trans and 3 speed TC.

I need to know if they sent me something wrong or was maybe lengthened at some time by a previous owner. Thanks for the help!

tempImageUf86rV.jpg

No, not flipped - front one is already installed. The alignment is not as bad as what the photo indicates, but will take care of that once the full weight of the body, etc. is mounted on the frame. I have the vendor checking lengths of other shafts, we'll see what they come up with. Thanks

No, not flipped - front one is already installed. The alignment is not as bad as what the photo indicates, but will take care of that once the full weight of the body, etc. is mounted on the frame. I have the vendor checking lengths of other shafts, we'll see what they come up with. Thanks
If you need any more info/dimensions, please let me know. I have this same set-up. I had to figure my dimensions out in coordination with the drive shaft shop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom