Driveshaft decisions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am changing from a 3 speed to a 4 speed/Orion setup in my '66 40. I have the rock-finder shackle reversal and 2" lift springs. I think with the lift, I'm OK on the rear driveshaft, but the front needs to be longer. I've been reading all the recent driveshaft posts and have seen several options.
So how about a Minitruck front?
'60 front?
Do I need the double Cardan?
Should I just lengthen my current drive shaft?
I do have several pinion flanges, or could order the 10 spline fron Kurt and drill any pattern.
Or should I just STFU until it is all installed and measure?

Anyone in the same situation?

Thanks,
Ed

Your posts make me laugh Ed...

I cannot think of any reason why you would NEED a CV in your set up, nor, why you would want to go to mini stuff, as what you need is probably out here in someone's garage...

The front shaft may end up being custom because of the SR, but I would get everything installed, and then measure....who knows, you might have something that would work for you already....

A stock rear four speed shaft would be a good find. Changing the flange on the rear axle is not that big of a deal, and I am certian that I have one. I have not given up hope on finding you a stock rear shaft, and will be looking through another pile this weekend.....update...got you driveshafts from a '78. done deal.

You going to be around next Thursday night? :) going to be passing through on the way to Clayton.

-Steve

LOVE the pirate shot... :beer:

Poser said:
Your posts make me laugh Ed...

I cannot think of any reason why you would NEED a CV in your set up, nor, why you would want to go to mini stuff, as what you need is probably out here in someone's garage...

The front shaft may end up being custom because of the SR, but I would get everything installed, and then measure....who knows, you might have something that would work for you already....

A stock rear four speed shaft would be a good find. Changing the flange on the rear axle is not that big of a deal, and I am certian that I have one. I have not given up hope on finding you a stock rear shaft, and will be looking through another pile this weekend.....update...got you driveshafts from a '78. done deal.

You going to be around next Thursday night? :) going to be passing through on the way to Clayton.

-Steve

LOVE the pirate shot... :beer:

DAYUM! I was hoping to get this one past you. OK, I'll chill. Next Thursday I'll be working in KC, but you have a bed here if you need it. Be great to have you.
Where the F is Clayton? Are you sure I'm on the way?

Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom