Driveshaft conversion help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for some help piecing together some sort of front drive shaft. I’m striking out trying to research as I am unfamiliar with Toyota driveline parts and the difference between years. Here’s my details, trying to get from 241 transfer case to original 67 front axle. I have complete stock Chevy front cv driveshaft and the flange yoke and female slip side of the fj front driveshaft. I will likely never actually use 4wd as there is just nowhere to play around here and it’s just gonna be a street cruiser. Most I would ever need it for is wet grass field. Not wanting to spend hundreds of dollars on it as I won’t use it. I’ve tried finding a conversion u-joint but all I can find is a 1310 to Toyota pickup and best I can tell is pickup flange yokes don’t match my axle flange. Anybody know if there’s an axle flange I can switch to or a conversion ujoint I’ve missed or flange yoke I can switch too. Thanks for any help!!!

Since you aren't worried about the ultimate strength of the drive line (based on the use you described), why don't you locate a '67 FJ40 front drive shaft and have the slip yoke portion grafted onto your existing front drive shaft?

You are not looking for a u-joint, you need the yolk/flange that fits the 67 cruiser pattern and uses a 1310. Driveline shop will have them

I would think @cruiseroutfit would be able to help. Awesome folks!

We can definitely help.

We would need to know the flange pattern of the “Toyota pickup” flange you’re finding. From there we likely have a pinion flange solution. There are a half-dozen or so Toyota flange patterns but we have options for most in 10, 27, 29 & 32 spline variants.

I used Tom Woods Drivelines for the two new drive shafts I put in my 40. I had installed a H55 plus a split case from an 86 FJ60 and once I gave them all the measurements I was informed the shafts shipped the next day. Perfect fit.

Since you aren't worried about the ultimate strength of the drive line (based on the use you described), why don't you locate a '67 FJ40 front drive shaft and have the slip yoke portion grafted onto your existing front drive shaft?
That was kind of my thoughts, I’ll have to put a feeler out in the wanted section AGAIN.

Colesdad, you never mentioned if you are using stock drivetrain, or Chevy (possibly auto tranny), in which case you will possibly need different than what is discussed above (possibly much smaller AA front flange/joint) ???

I’ll have to check the splines on the female piece of the driveshaft I’ve got but I believe the 69 is different spline count.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom