Driveshaft bolts orientation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I know this is a few years old, but what is the torque setting for these nuts?

To put this discussion in a reasoned perspective : (while not claiming expertise here, just saying)
And I fully understand that many will jump up to object here, having been brainwashed to believe their entire lives...:hillbilly:

From a very deep fastener technical paper I read long ago...( maybe posted by bilavista on pirate 4x4?)

It is well known (proven) that the very entrenched traditional split lock washer does not accomplish any worthwhile locking function.
After the fastener is properly torqued, or even close, the split washer is just another flat washer in the stack.
So - a spacer is exactly what it is.
The metal to metal friction from the clamping force of the elastically stretched bolt is what keeps it all in place - prevents loosening under vibration and heat / cool cycling.

To put this discussion in a reasoned perspective : (while not claiming expertise here, just saying)
And I fully understand that many will jump up to object here, having been brainwashed to believe their entire lives...:hillbilly:

From a very deep fastener technical paper I read long ago...( maybe posted by bilavista on pirate 4x4?)

It is well known (proven) that the very entrenched traditional split lock washer does not accomplish any worthwhile locking function.
After the fastener is properly torqued, or even close, the split washer is just another flat washer in the stack.
So - a spacer is exactly what it is.
The metal to metal friction from the clamping force of the elastically stretched bolt is what keeps it all in place - prevents loosening under vibration and heat / cool cycling.
You are correct

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom