Drivers side window intermittently makes motor noise but doesn’t move… (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 2006 LX 470 with 150,000 miles on it. Recently, the driver side window will intermittently not work. I hear the motor running but nothing happens. If I slam the door or hit it a few times it functions.

I have searched the forum and I see people talking about aftermarket units as my local service station had quoted $500 to replace it. What I am trying to figure out is whether I just need the actuator system or if I also need a new motor?

I would appreciate it if I could get some advice pointing me in the right direction.

Replace it yourself the instructions are on the forum.

“It”
Motor or actuator or both need replacing?
Take off the door panel, the instructions are on the forum and inspect it yourself or youtube videos. You will be able to tell if the motor is turning, the regulator is having an issue or anything else. Very straight forward system. It pays to get familiar with it so when your door lock actuators go out you will know how to replace them as well.

I don't plan to DIY. I would like to order parts and have someone install for me. With these symptoms I was hoping someone would have an idea as to which part(s) will be needed.

Just drop it off at the dealer or local shop have them figure it out since you arent DIYing why would you put the effort into troubleshooting it. Thats included in what you are paying for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom