drivers side window control faulty? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The master window control switch (drivers side) I believe is faulty. When I depress the switch the window will not go down by itself (auto mode), like it use to. Also, the tiny light inside the switch (drivers window) stays blinking, with the ignition off and key out. I can still open and close the window, even after leaving it for hours, days. I removed the door panel and investigated. Unplugged the window control unit and removed it, even took apart the module and found the circuit board; it looks okay, for a circuit board. Nothing looked out of place, except that, someone before me (I’m the second owner) has wired in a secondary ground wire into the ground wire (blk/wht) in the control module harness and bolted the wire onto the door frame; why, I have no clue. I checked everything, all connections/pins, cleaned and added electrical compound into the harness plug. The plug slips on and off easily, and there are no signs of damage, anywhere. Now clearly this “added gound wire” shouldn’t be here, so I unwired it. I then tried the switch and all I got was a buzzing sound from the driver side window motor; it would not move. The tiny light was still on and the window could still be raised and lowered without having a key in the ignition, so the initial problem is still there, but with the ground wire disconnected the window would not move and there’s a buzzing sound. I connected the ground wire back and left it as is, for now. Now, I’m back at ground 0.

If anyone can shed some light on my issue, please do. I’m guessing the next step is to rep0lace the control unit and try again. Where’s the best place to buy a new one?

Grazie!

I'm having this same issue and I've been through the various resetting procedure here and on other forums. Did you make any progress?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom