Drivers side lower (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have noticed that the drivers side (RHD) of my '88 BJ74 is slightly lower than the other side. It is clear when you look at the 2 shakles on the front leaf springs that they are at slightly different angles.
Is there a simple bolt turning/tightening/torsion bar adjustment type solution to getting it level again?

Thanks
Ben

It's just from the weight of the driver over the years, most of them do it. Easy fix is a new suspension:) There is no adjustment that can be made as the springs have lost thier "spring".

Regards

yo can get the springs re-arched but ihave had little luck in the re-arching lasting.
a belton kit is a sweet setup on a 74. you really should go a bit larger tires, 31 min and i prefer the 33 on the 74 wheelbase. it just looks right and the ride is greatly improved.
cheers

I supose that more of the time you only drive your TLC ( more weight for hummm 18 years . ? in only one side ) you can put an add a leaf ( cheap ) in 4 corners or go with complete full suspension.

Thanks for the feedback.

Long term solution is still a suspension upgrade and bigger wheels but in southern Africa low demand = high price.

I think I will try the left-right swap. Then, while I wear out the swapped springs, I should have a level truck for a few months!

Red Herring said:
What about swapping spring sides? Temp fix??

one time when I get the stock springs do this magical solution .. hhhhuuuumm error .. ! need to go at alignment center inmediatly and, after some month get back to the original configuration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom