Driver's Side Left Switch Panel Unknown Connector (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm proceeding with my install of the ARB twin compressor on my 2018. I've purchased everything I need from Slee, as well as their Air On Board Blue switch for the driver's side left hand switch panel. I've popped the panel off and I'm seeing a connector that is taped up and not connected to a switch. Can anyone tell me what this connector is for? This isn't for a RSCA (Rollover Side Curtain Airbag) disable switch, is it?

Based on @indycole thread, it appears I need to look for the green/white wire for dash illumination. I'm thinking of stripping back some insulation on that wire from that extra connector and soldering in the AOB's BLUE wire and wrapping with TESA tape. If I can get the pin out of the connector, then I can use a proper heat shrink on that splice.

PXL_20210829_163652608.jpg

Thanks!

I think you found the tow brake controller plug.
Also let me know what wires you tap into. I’m installing an arb dual and a arb linx and trying to figure out where to tap into.

Edit
or maybe not…

This rig looks like it doesn’t have a rollover override on it. I thought all 200s had one.

I think you found the tow brake controller plug.
Also let me know what wires you tap into. I’m installing an arb dual and a arb linx and trying to figure out where to tap into.
Green appears to be the dash light. I'm trying to figure out how to pass the ARB harness through that small nipple on the grommet. I was thinking of shortening that harness so I think I'm going to cut the length I need and pass that through. Then I'll solder it back together and add heat shrink.

Green appears to be the dash light. I'm trying to figure out how to pass the ARB harness through that small nipple on the grommet. I was thinking of shortening that harness so I think I'm going to cut the length I need and pass that through. Then I'll solder it back together and add heat shrink.

You can take that 4 pin harness off and then tape the wires together to pull them rebooting grommet.

I'm still not sure what that harness is for. I was in a rush tonight, so I didn't get a chance to watch that video above until just now. The harness I found was taped to the bundle of wires specifically for the switch panel. I didn't even check if there was a brake controller harness in a dummy plug. I guess that'll get looked at later!

I'm still not sure what that harness is for. I was in a rush tonight, so I didn't get a chance to watch that video above until just now. The harness I found was taped to the bundle of wires specifically for the switch panel. I didn't even check if there was a brake controller harness in a dummy plug. I guess that'll get looked at later!

I have that same unused harness. The brake controller harness is farther back, so it’s not that. Would be nice to know what it is. Obviously, something not used on the 2016-2021 US spec’d 200s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom