Driver’s seat repair options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
When I originally got my truck (at 70k miles) the drivers side seat was pretty well worn. 5+ years later (125k) it’s gotten worse, and now has a tear. Curious what options might work best for this area. I don’t love the idea of seat covers and airbags, and it sounds like the good ones are big $$$. Not looking to spend big $ on this, I’m not super concerned with appearances, I just want the rip not to get worse. Its Phoenix , so summer it gets well over 120 degrees in the parked car, so not sure if the cheap leather patches in amazon would hold up to the heat or just melt glue. Any ideas? Any local upholstery shop that’s affordable?

85EA1D63-B4BD-4A38-8C38-EF177A06D986.jpeg

F093F465-39B3-4F18-BE88-71D50173F534.jpeg

E7A4CCAA-6742-4F39-B21B-F4990E3BDC86.jpeg

A good auto upholstery shop could repair the worn section with ne vinyl

Land Cruiser Heaven just released full cloth replacements (not covers) for 80 series, with 100 series cloth replacements soon to follow.

Pretty common issue in 100 series and they sell just the seat bottom on eBay, but I don't see them available for the 200 series at all.

I think the upholstery shop option is probably the best. I would expect to see quotes in the $100-200 range for the whole lower seat and maybe <$100 for just a section repair.

my service advisor at Earnhardt Lexus has a shop he recommends - says they do a really good job at matching (same type of seat in the GX, 100 and 200) for the price of ~$400 or so - our DSRTGX needs that same spot repaired . . .

now if only I could find the card for the shop again :rolleyes:

send me a PM and I will contact him for info again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom