Driver’s seat repair options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Using my trusty Iphone 8 here are pics of the samples sent to me from U.S. autoseatcover on Ebay.
I have yet to find any competition for these guys.
So, I just ordered the two front seat replacements.

sample1.jpg

s2.jpg

Here's a pic of the back side . The sample feels soft and it is relatively thin. The color is a close match.

sampleback.jpg

So my dad borrowed my LX. He forgot he had a screw driver sticking up in his back pocket and when he sat down, it punctured a hole right in the middle of the seat.
I reached out to the ebay seller listed above but they don't make them in gray!
:confused:

Has anyone sourced gray seat covers, if so, where? Has anyone replaced the cushion? Is the cover/cushion replacement an easy job? Is a new cushion worth it?
I found it for $170 here.

I also found an entire seat assembly for $405 on car-part.com

If you can find a GOOD leather repair shop or convertible shop they should be able to pull the bottom seat off and replace just that panel and reinstall. If they are a AMAZING shop they can make it stronger with a second larger strip sewn. I haven’t had it done on my 200 yet but have had multiple Chevrolet Work trucks that I drive done at what I deemed a reasonable price for the amount of labor involved and the fact the truck was better than new after. In Raleigh there are 2 shops I know of that are capable of doing this, one is astronomical on price the other reasonable at sub $300. I’m sure in a large city you could find the same.

If you can find a GOOD leather repair shop or convertible shop they should be able to pull the bottom seat off and replace just that panel and reinstall. If they are a AMAZING shop they can make it stronger with a second larger strip sewn. I haven’t had it done on my 200 yet but have had multiple Chevrolet Work trucks that I drive done at what I deemed a reasonable price for the amount of labor involved and the fact the truck was better than new after. In Raleigh there are 2 shops I know of that are capable of doing this, one is astronomical on price the other reasonable at sub $300. I’m sure in a large city you could find the same.
Thanks. There are two places like that local to me but they don't have any availability until February at the earliest and they start around $350 for just the center, perforated, panel. Thought I could probably do the cushion and seat cover myself for less than that.

Have a 15 LX...black interior. If I wanted Lexus OEM bottom seat cushion (driver side), roughly what price point should I expect?

The link I posted above goes to the cheapest OEM seat cushion I could find at $170 before shipping.

Yikes it seems the gray perforated leather used seat covers and replacement aftermarket covers are a bit tricky to source. Our driver side seat bottom leather has huge chucks of leather missing apparently, probably original leather, was pristine 30k miles ago when we got the car... now at like 170k miles I think. Hoping to take back the truck and will do some refurbishment, seats top of the list. Also will need to find a way to revitalize and protect the rest of the leather.

who do you recommend in Raleigh? thanks.

who do you recommend in Raleigh? thanks.

Brian at FibreNew North Raleigh. He's a huge auto enthusiast and someone I'd trust in the area to do the job right.

Brian at FibreNew North Raleigh. He's a huge auto enthusiast and someone I'd trust in the area to do the job right.

Cool, thanks. I remember looking at their site before, but almost sounded too good to be true :)

Cool, thanks. I remember looking at their site before, but almost sounded too good to be true :)

I can't speak to the pricing, only to happy customers as I know two people that had complete interior color swaps done by Brian. They might be the astronomical option mentioned before, ha!

In the Triad, I've heard great things about Master's Smart Repairs. I might be using them on a small project in the near future. You can at least call/FB message for a quote to price shop.

@PDoyle Did you ever order/install those seat covers that you got samples for? Also, anyone have any guesses to why they only have the bottoms and not the backs?

I purchased the lower seat set but haven't had them installed yet.

I purchased the lower seat set but haven't had them installed yet.
@dubyahard @PDoyle what dod u end up with? Can you pls post a pic? I’m keen to see the seat bottom for $170 that Dubyahard posted, any good? Seems too good to be true, is it really the cover and cushion?

I need perforated gray DS bottom and haven’t found anything yet, only tan or rears.

I can't wait to do this it's been on my to do list and I'm looking to have it done in the next couple of weeks.
PS I have tried a few leather cleaner / conditioners and I'm really happy with Leatherque.

Oh dang, I’m a bit slow I guess. That seat bottom that was posted earlier is just the cushion not the leather.

I guess the leather cover and the internals (cushion, heater etc) are more like $813 here

seems crazy to me that we can’t just buy the gray leather seat cover from oem or aftermarket.

Part number

71001-60J90-B0​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom