Drivers door window not working. Help. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My drivers window on 2000 LC Is not working at all. Here is a photo of what the wires look like under the rubber grommet. Do the two cracked need to be stripped and spliced back together? When I push the window button I can hear it click but the window doesn’t move.
Also reading the forums maybe cleaning the contacts inside the main power window mechanism could resolve the issue? Want some guidance before I start splicing wires when that may not be the issue.
Thanks
CB638634-3FCC-4A98-B9AB-50021E22AA0F.jpeg

In my past experience those chunky red wires provide the switched power to at least the window motor. I fixed a similar issue by cutting the wire at the suspected break and then splicing in a bit of wire extension.

If the copper is intact, my guess is that’s not your issue. But do tape up those splits if copper is OK. Those switches go bad, pull it out of the door and troubleshoot the switch. Take the door card off and see whats happening in there..sometimes the motor gets loose and jams when energized vs doing it’s job. Sometimes the rubber door jam is old, stiff and funky and now causing too much friction for the glass to move. Sometimes the connections are corroded and need cleaning, use dialectic grease once cleaned on the connections.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom