Drivers door lock acting weird (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My drivers door never locked with the key when I purchased it, so last week i swapped the actuator from my parts truck (which I confirmed functions) over to my LX. After installing everything, the lock cylinder harness snapped off. Swapped that over from the LC (1999) in my LX (2005) today and the door still doesn't lock with the key or either electronic switch on the door. Still mechanically locks with the key slot. Only variables I could see is that either a) LC lock cylinder harness and lock cylinder provide an issue, b) LC actuator motor died after sitting for a year since the last time it was tested, c) fuse, harness or ECU issue.

I would say that there is a break in the harness somewhere that the line for the sensor or motor is not getting power to switch. Could be at the switch itself or could be elsewhere.

There is a thread flowing around somewhere that has all the FSM and I think the EWD so you could potentially trace lines to see if you can find a break.

I would say that there is a break in the harness somewhere that the line for the sensor or motor is not getting power to switch. Could be at the switch itself or could be elsewhere.

There is a thread flowing around somewhere that has all the FSM and I think the EWD so you could potentially trace lines to see if you can find a break.
Yea that was my first thought. When I swapped the LC motor in and tested it everything seemed to work and then the lock cylinder harness snapped off causing it to fail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom