Driver side window coming out of track. Need recommendations. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know what needs to be replaced to resolve this issue. The driver side window in my 1994 80 comes off the track quite often and I found the problem. It was duct taped together, lol. It looks like the ball and guide are coming out of the track. Can I fix this or do I need to replace part of it?

Window Track.jpg

Can't tell much from the photo (is the metal track cracked or bent, is
the white plastic wheel missing??). All the door parts are still available,
looks like you may need the window regulator, 69802-60010.
Some people have repaired/replaced a broken slider wheel IIRC,
try some searches for repairing window regulator+wheel, or similar words.

Scroll 2/3's the way down the linked page below for a diagram of the regulator (#8):

Last edited:
Looks like the glass and maybe the lift channel seal are coming up and out of the lift channel.
The seal slips onto the glass. The glass and seal are pushed into the lift channel. It's a tight fit. If you can get it all in place then squeeze the channel to pinch the glass and seal in there good and tight it may keep it in place. Or take the glass and channel out first then pinch it together and reinstall. Or pull the glass/seal and channel and replace with new seal and channel.

If you do pull the glass out mark/measure roughly where it sits in the channel so it goes back on same spot. Also, getting the glass and seal into a new channel takes some effort. I pushed and hit it with a mallet to get it together.

I am having this problem. Does anyone know if the '94 has the seal in the window channel? Mine does not have it and according to the parts diagram on McGeorge, it doesn't look like it has it but the FSM for my year references it. Is the glass supposed to be tight in the channel? Could I add the seal that is shown on the '95 and later to avoid this issue?

My glass keeps falling out of the channel but it just started doing it and I can't figure out why. Nothing looks bent or broken in there but the glass doesn't fit firmly in the channel but I am not sure if it's meant to.

EDIT: Never mind, I found the rubber track piece in the door. No clue how it came out or when it happened. Hopefully I can just put it back together.

EDIT 2: Well, I still have no clue how the rubber track came out of the channel, but I put it back in and the window works fine now. Weird.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom