Driver Side Tie Rod Part Number? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Need some help here. Is this the part number for the outer "tie rod" on the driver side of a 94 FZJ80 (US, LHD)?

45045-69065

It's the tie rod where the steering stabilizer bolts in on the driver's side.

fj80-steering-kit copy.jpg

Need some help here. Is this the part number for the outer "tie rod" on the driver side of a 94 FZJ80 (US, LHD)?

45045-69065

It's the tie rod where the steering stabilizer bolts in on the driver's side.

View attachment 3038755
l am looking for guidance on the tie rod end you describe. I am looking for a tie rod end that fits the taper of what might be 1992 pitman arm to my 1970 fj40.
this project is a conversion from manual to power steering using the 1992~ '97 power steering box that is also used on the lexus Lx450. My rod end taper measures 12.77 mm adj to the threads (narrow end of the taper) and the pitman arm measures 14.2 mm. also the rod end adjustment thread has that 16.8 mm outside the thread measure left hand thread.
I ordered what I thought might work and am waiting on delivery. There is another thought, if I cannot get the rod adjustment thread on the rod end plus the pitman taper to work I could get a machine shop to machine an insert that matches my rod end taper. I drill out the pitman and weld in the insert. I am starting to get quite a collection of junk yard parts that are paid for and I cannot use; so that is why I am asking for experienced guidance. thanks in advance. Is there a tapered bushing available to adopt smaller taper studs to larger sized pitman arms?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom