Driver Side Passenger Window Replacement - How To? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Guys!

Some a**clown broke the rear passenger window on the driver's side of my truck to get at a bag that I had left in there. My bad. I have the new piece of glass and have removed the door card. Just wondering if anyone has some detailed instructions and tips for refitting the new glass. Is this best left to the pros or is it something that I can do myself? And help or tips would be greatly appreciated!

I haven't done on a LC, but it is doable. May be you have to remove the rear bottom window track by removing the 10 mm bolt. That might give room to slide the glass in. The glass goes at an angle from outside of the vehicle into the door. What do you see at the bottom of the door? Is there a rubber flap? Hilux trucks has a flap that needs to be removed to slide the glass from bottom up through that flap opening.

Does that glass have the bottom of the track already installed on it? I don't remember...

But regardless you will probably need to remove the rubber window channel run to give yourself enough play to shimmy the window out and new one in.

Thanks for all of the responses. The glass does have the metal channel at the bottom. There is a roller on the arm that raises and lowers the window. The roller fits into the channel that is attached to the bottom of the window glass. Just trying to figure out how to get the window and channel to slide onto the roller on the lift arm.

You'll need to loosen the bolts that hold the regulator in place. Search for window regulator replacement. Also, remove the rubber channel run.

Many thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom