Driver side noise (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, I have a 2003 LX470 with 180k miles. When I purchased the LX in August, the dealer told me they would replace the front CV axles since the boots were torn. They also added a Dobinsons 2” lift kit with torsion bars and differential drop. Since purchasing the vehicle, I’ve been hearing wobbling noises from the front driver side area but only when accelerating while making wide turns to the left (think of turning left from a stop light when it turns green) and loud clunk/thud noise when turning right on an inclined surface like a driveway (sounds like something is popping out but only on the driver side). I thought okay, 180k miles? I’ll need to replace a few things on the front end. So the process of elimination began.

I replaced:
-the inner and outer tie rods (555)
-the lower ball joint (555)
-the UCA (SPC UCA with adjustable ball joint)
-wheel bearings (Timken bearings)
-sway bar end links (Trail Tailor extended sway bar end links)

Everything was replaced by a certified mechanic. After replacing all that, i still here the noise and I can’t figure out what it is. When i drive in a straight line or turn right on a flat surface, i hear nothing. The truck drives smooth and straight.

Could it be the Torsion bars? Could it be the CV axle from the dealer? LCA bushings?

Please Help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom