Driver Side Mirror - FJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1994 FJ80Evening all - who can tell me whether it's possible to replace the mirror on my FJ80 without replacing the entire kit n' kiboodle? The much documented rattle eventually led to two of the three retaining holes snapping off. Otherwise - where should I go to replace the mirror? Many thanks.

You can replace the mirror just itself. The dealer has it, however, I think if the retaining back plate is your problem then I think you need to replace the whole mirror. I hope this help.

Thanks, the retaining back plate is the problem. Checking around - so far I have found black and chrome replacements (probably aftermarket) for around $100. I'd prefer an original Toyota burgundy if possible.

You might try RTV silicon to put them back together, mine is holding on just on hook and RTV - no rattles and still have full movement of the mirror.

Cheaper solution...and lots of info about it on here.

I had a rattly mirror function fine for many ten thousands of miles with some keenly applied liquid nails/paneling adhesive kind of gunk at the broken mount points.

Much belated thanks to everyone. I'll get on the silicon solution. Right now I have duct tape holding everything for almost 9 months!

Kevin

Bogman said:
Much belated thanks to everyone. I'll get on the silicon solution. Right now I have duct tape holding everything for almost 9 months!

Kevin

LOL!!

Oh well; closure is always good.

Welcome back,

Curtis

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom