Driver side marker lamp (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am rebuilding a ‘84 FJ60.
1st question, all my lights work except for my driver side front clearance light, I have power to the plug but it does not come on. I traced the ground wire back to the “Cllean Cont plug .
2nd question, at idle my volt meter shows 11-12 volts. When I turn my headlights on the meter drops below 11 volts.

Any suggestions?

time to clean the ground connections and all your links. At idle you should see 13-14 volts. You could also have a voltage regulator issue, but I would start by cleaning up the wiring.

The stock voltmeter gauge in my 60 isn't worth a damn. I tested with a multimeter and then installed a USB charger with a fairly accurate digital voltmeter in it and the TRUE voltage is consistently 1-1.5V HIGHER than what the stock gauge shows. Yours may not be exactly that much different, but be aware that it could be off. Best to test it with a meter.

Thanks for all the responses!! I will let y’all know what I find.
time to clean the ground connections and all your links. At idle you should see 13-14 volts. You could also have a voltage regulator issue, but I would start by cleaning up the wiring.
FreeWheel - I will double to check the grounds, links and VR.
The stock voltmeter gauge in my 60 isn't worth a damn. I tested with a multimeter and then installed a USB charger with a fairly accurate digital voltmeter in it and the TRUE voltage is consistently 1-1.5V HIGHER than what the stock gauge shows. Yours may not be exactly that much different, but be aware that it could be off. Best to test it with a meter.
Hadn’t thought about the VM having issues. I‘ll test it.
Fuseable link?
Rob - I’ll double check the FL. I just figured since all the other lights were working the FL was good. In fact, I’m not having any trouble with any other electrical component on the Cruiser except that one light. That’s what has me confused.

Jumper wire from battery to ground side of the marker light. Jump positive from harness plug to the light. If it doesnt light up, then it's the bulb. Sucks that you have to buy a 20.00 marker because it's all one piece.

on the voltage ...I too am thinking a voltage regulator (the rectangular thing on the alternator) may be going. I replaced mine about 4 years ago. At that time toyota offered them. May still be available. Easy to replace...just a few screws. Use a multi-meter and with the truck running test the voltage at the battery to get the alt output. Should be around 14.0 to 14.7 at 2000 rpms. Make sure the Alternator belt is properly tensioned and check engine fuse and fusible links.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom