Driver seat mount help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Polecat

SILVER Star
Threads
Went to turn the driver seat mounts around to free up more leg room for myself and found this:
7822A8FF-8FAC-4284-A3E1-7369EDAFA61E.jpeg

The inboard mount doesn’t line up with the holes in the floor. Aside from the Tuffy box, I’m pretty sure everything in the picture is OEM. No matter how I try to adjust things, I can’t get everything to align. Even if I were to pull the seat track over with a ratchet strap, the Tuffy box brackets wouldn’t line up either. It’s like the holes are in the wrong spot, but the captive nuts are still attached, so I’m pretty sure they’re original too.

The truck is new to me, and I’m finding it to be a bit of a Frankencruiser... maybe the tub/bracket/seat are from different years. Is it possible that could be the problem?

Ultimately I’m trying to figure out how to connect everything. Any ideas?

Slide the seat back and forth a time or two, get it moving and then see if you can get that mount to slide where you need it to, address the Tuffy mount when you're done.

Slide the seat back and forth a time or two, get it moving and then see if you can get that mount to slide where you need it to, address the Tuffy mount when you're done.

Yeah. That's the other (I thought unrelated, but maybe not) thing - the seat won't slide until I take it completely out and get after it with a hammer. Sounds like maybe the resolution for the seat sliding and the seat bracket aligning with the holes is related.

I still don't see how the Tuffy bracket will align with both sides, but I'll give it another shot.

Thanks!

Try to get the seats installed properly first, with rated bolts... then attack the tuffy and make it work.

Did these seats come out of this truck already?

Try to get the seats installed properly first, with rated bolts... then attack the tuffy and make it work.

Will do.

Did these seats come out of this truck already?

Yeah. Is there any significance to your question? Someone put down a spray-in bedliner somewhere along the way, so at a minimum they've been out for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom