Driver door won't unlock with remote (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a '98 LC with 105k mi. Reccently I became aware that the drivers door won't lock / unlock with the remote but the other ones will. The lock knob on the inside driver door won't budge if you try to manually do it that way. Inserting the key in the lock or using the interior switch is the only way to lock / unlock the driver's door. I tried the spare remote and still no luck.

Any way that this is an easy fix? Anyone have experience with this and know what the dealer would charge?

Ok, I am having the same issue and I followed the thread. This gives me a great deal of hope as I only have one door actuator working properly and did not want to fork over the $200 a pop to fix. The link to the part on e-bay has expired. Does anyone know the exact part number from Mubati? The item in the Johnson catalog did not have the collar fit onto the shaft. Even if the guy is not carrying these on e-bay anymore, paying $10 a copy would still come out a long way ahead!

Mabuchi:

FC-280PC/SC

Still doesn't show the collar in the main schematic. I can't get any of the 4 sub part numbers to pull up in Firefox, maybe one of those comes with a collar on it. Suddenly I don't feel like such a idiot for ordering 5 of those when I had no use for them . . .

EDIT:
You're in luck, the Ebay seller is still around. He had an auction end a couple weeks ago:

http://cgi.ebay.com/One-NEW-Mabuchi...ryZ34060QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Looks like they're doing singles now, not five at a time. You can't ask a question on an expired auction, so pick one of the current ones, ask a question, and see if they still have them.

Last edited:
Thanks! I have e-mailed the guy on these.

Always a good idea to have the motors handy, but when mine quit working, I could still manually lock and unlock the door from the inside knob. IIRC, it is a cable that goes to a metal tab on the door latch assembly. I'd double check that tab to see if it moves before you split the clamshell to replace the motor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom