driveline spacers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Im building a spring over lift for the 60. Rather than build new drive lines I was wondering if anyone knows if Boby Longs spacers work on a 60? It says on his sight for pick ups and 4 runners. If not does anybody else make them?

piokups and 4 runners have a different flaneg pattern. If you can redrill them they would work tho.

I am not a fan of DL spacers..

Do it right the first time.

I plan on going long spline/long travel in the long run. I just need something to keep the ol gal running in the mean time lol.

long spline/travel is not needed on the rear and not on the front if you do not do a shackle reversal.

If you do a shackle reversal, there is no way the driveline spacer will work even temporarily.

At 70 bucks a piece, that is really close to having your DS retubed..

Here is a cheap idea from the HomeDepot
driveshaftblock.jpg

lol nice wood....
Why would a long travel not be necessary in the rear? Im building a soft spring pack that will have a lot of flex so I was worried mostly about the rear. I can drive the car without a front drive line for a bit till she gets re tubed.

Cause the stock driveline works perfectly well :)

With the axle offset to the front of the spring and the shackle being on the back of the spring, you will not have that much extension of the rear shaft. Point it at the Tcase and use a CV shaft and it becomes even less of an issue. You can use the front CV on the rear. 60's are nice becasue they have nice LOOOONNNNGGG rear driveshafts.

Cause the stock driveline works perfectly well :)

With the axle offset to the front of the spring and the shackle being on the back of the spring, you will not have that much extension of the rear shaft. Point it at the Tcase and use a CV shaft and it becomes even less of an issue. You can use the front CV on the rear. 60's are nice becasue they have nice LOOOONNNNGGG rear driveshafts.

08/84 and earlier...

:meh:

Nice mine is and 82 so it will work. Thanks guys. That was the only issue Ive been running into for the spring over. The rest should be fairly simple.

Just make sure that at full drop you still have at least two inches of engagement at the slip yoke. Idealy the splines would not be exposed under static load assuming you still have stock Toyota drivelines with the sleeve that covers the splines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom