Driveline purchase (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've got a 3inch lift and am in need of a new front driveline. What do you all recommend that i buy? Should it be double cardon? Not enough lift to warrant that? Thank's for helping the uninformed become informed!

Saw this in classifieds the other day from @Surfdc . Im sure most people are going to say double cardan.

I'm hunting my own vibration now. I'm at a 4" lift, but also had vibration with the 3". I have a double cardan DS, so we are thinking its something in the T-case. Gonna start with changing the oil tomorrow.

Saw this in classifieds the other day from @Surfdc . Im sure most people are going to say double cardan.

I'm hunting my own vibration now. I'm at a 4" lift, but also had vibration with the 3". I have a double cardan DS, so we are thinking its something in the T-case. Gonna start with changing the oil tomorrow.
Did you have the vibration before the 3” lift?

I've got a 3inch lift and am in need of a new front driveline. What do you all recommend that i buy? Should it be double cardon? Not enough lift to warrant that? Thank's for helping the uninformed become informed!
If you have vibrations with your 3” lift then a double cardan may cure it.

Did you have the vibration before the 3” lift?
No, I think it started with the 3" lift. I think in most/normal cases the double cardan would cure it, but not for me.

I dont know when or if the t-case oil has ever been changed, so I will start there today. If there is still vibration, I'll rebuild the t-case.

Did you rule out the rear DS by dropping it, locking the CDL and driving it to the same speeds that causes your vibes? Often time the rear pinion angle is jacked up due to lifts.

Then try pulling the front shaft locking cdl and running it to see if vine are gone. Do you have your own thread on this?

Did you rule out the rear DS by dropping it, locking the CDL and driving it to the same speeds that causes your vibes? Often time the rear pinion angle is jacked up due to lifts.
No not yet. I will do this before considering rebuild.

So does anyone have a recommendation on which driveline is a good purchase? Any vendors on here that sell them? This isn't me trying to cure a vibration, i need one since mine is ruined.

So does anyone have a recommendation on which driveline is a good purchase? Any vendors on here that sell them? This isn't me trying to cure a vibration, i need one since mine is ruined.

I think some of us grab a rear DS out of a third gen 4runner ( or some other Toyota truck/SUV) that already has a double cardan and shrink the tubing to match the length of the front 80 DS. At least I think that's what we're doing. In my case, I had a DS shop remove the DC from a front DS out of some other Toyota truck and added it to the end of my own front DS.

If no vibes, then I would recommend a toyota OEM shaft. you can buy a new one, or I have a used front and rear for sale. No pressure. Here is the link: For Sale - SoCal: 80 series oem driveshafts, front and rear - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/socal-80-series-oem-driveshafts-front-and-rear.1243188/#post-13820479

Do you want a drive line or a drive shaft? Front or rear or both?

A drive line is: transmission, transfer case, drive shafts, differentials, axles, housings.
A drive shaft is the link between the transfer case and the differential.

Front driveline

Front driveline
So, front axle, front axle housing, front hubs, front differential, front driveshaft?

Damaged in a collision? Need used parts?

@slow95z or @arcteryx (GA and TX respectively, but both a long way from WY.

Check the Classifieds above.

i got tons of parts but shipping is getting expensive and hard to do. fastenal demands most things be in a crate now and just the lumber cost alone to crate an axle are over 100 bucks these days. would be cheaper to wrap cruiser parts around lumber than lumber around cruiser parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom