Drive train seals (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
cruisercoffeecompany.com
I just brought my landcruiser home after about 10 years of it sitting in an airplane hanger and what do you know the seals are leaking like mad.

I need to replace the seals in the tcase, the transmission connecting to t case and bell housing, oil pan gasket and rear main seals at first glance.

I am mechanically inclined but unfamiliar with the procedures of pulling the case apart and the rear main seal out. Where would one go to find the most detailed procedures for this kind of job? Are there any other areas that should or need to be addressed while taking the drive train apart?

I'd start with a FSM for the transfer case

At the top of this page/website is a menu bar: Home, Forums...Resources. Click on Resources and you can find some PDF versions of factory manuals available for download. The instructions for the transmission and transfer case are in the Body and Chassis manual for the Toyota / Land Cruiser / 60 series. Engine manuals are in the Drivetrain / Engine section. Assuming your FJ60 is stock US model you have a 2F Gasoline engine.

Here you go.

The seals & gaskets have dessicated due to non use for a decade. They might be able to swell back up a bit if you just run the engine frequently to wet them with oil.
Maybe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom