Drive Shaft joint WTH ?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just unscrew the plug, poke in the tip (just the tip) of the gun and pump away. If it overflows when I'm pumping, I pull it out, wipe it off and go home.

Wait.......whut?
That is the plan. Take the nozzle tip off to get more flow.

I have one that is over full... Doesn't really hurt anything but it allows some grease to not move and that makes it separate. Not a real though.

You don't have to take off the nozzle tip to get the same flow. I leave the nozzle on, as it fits very well in the port.

Just make sure to wipe off the area around the plug before you remove it so you are not introducing debris into the cavity. Just like you would do if you were on the beach. Don't like to get sand in the orifices.

You don't have to take off the nozzle tip to get the same flow. I leave the nozzle on, as it fits very well in the port.

Just make sure to wipe off the area around the plug before you remove it so you are not introducing debris into the cavity. Just like you would do if you were on the beach. Don't like to get sand in the orifices.
I just put brand new CVs in and when I installed them, I added the molly grease after attaching the CV to the inner shaft (then I read that you're suppose to add to the CV before attaching) either way I want to get some extra molly grease in there asap.

Last edited:
You need to work smarter. I've never have seen a grease gun tip that can't be disassembled/unscrewed to release the jaws that snap over the zerk.
This one had no adjustment. I bought a separate tip that screws in and adjusts to grip the zerk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom