Drive line vibration, diff or drive shaft? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi,

Just wondering, what is the "Frame Weight" you are refering to and where is it? Is it some sort of balancing weight?

Thanks.

It is a round or squarish thing bolted to the frame under the passenger side doors.

Had a similar issue late last year - my tech said both u-joints were worn out (185k miles) - replaced them both and back to smooth sailing.

I installed a new OE drive shaft, by both do you mean front and rear shaft u joints ?

I installed a new OE drive shaft, by both do you mean front and rear shaft u joints ?
Yes. The shaft was fine, and he initially thought only the rear was bad, but while in there said the front was on its last legs, so to speak, might as well go ahead and do it as well.

It is a round or squarish thing bolted to the frame under the passenger side doors.
Thats interesting, looks like the weight (PN 5125960040) wasn't fitted to HDJ100 4.2 Diesel, only fitted to the 4.7 Petrol UZJ100, least I can only find ref to the weight for the UZJ100.

And if you do have one, keep an eye on it as they are very expensive to replace, about $300.00

Yup this is my exact issue right now with my 05 LX 165k. Brand new Toyota rear drive shaft did absolutely nothing for the vibes. This is after removing the front also just to verify. Only mod to this stock vehicle is king springs for the AHC system. I'm done and completely over it as of now. Good luck finding your issue.

Yes. The shaft was fine, and he initially thought only the rear was bad, but while in there said the front was on its last legs, so to speak, might as well go ahead and do it as well.

I guess my next step is going to remove the front shaft and drive without it see if that fixes the problem.

Thats interesting, looks like the weight (PN 5125960040) wasn't fitted to HDJ100 4.2 Diesel, only fitted to the 4.7 Petrol UZJ100, least I can only find ref to the weight for the UZJ100.

And if you do have one, keep an eye on it as they are very expensive to replace, about $300.00

I dont have it anymore, Mine was rusted out so I just trashed it. I can find it used but there is a rubber that goes in between that is hard to find.

Yup this is my exact issue right now with my 05 LX 165k. Brand new Toyota rear drive shaft did absolutely nothing for the vibes. This is after removing the front also just to verify. Only mod to this stock vehicle is king springs for the AHC system. I'm done and completely over it as of now. Good luck finding your issue.

That's not the news I was looking for :-(. It just bothers me so much, I am so close to just going back to stock heights and ditch the ome. I am going to remove the front shaft soon to check if that does anything.

So ditch the 865 spring and go back to OE springs? They are 200$ each kind a expensive especially after I invested 900 in OME.

I posted that since you didn't mention how much lift you have. Many people run 865 springs with no issue. If the OME 865 springs is causing this issue, then you may want to look at your drive shaft and u-joints. Ditching them may solve the problem too. BTW, 865 springs can be bought for around $180 a set.

I posted that since you didn't mention how much lift you have. Many people run 865 springs with no issue. If the OME 865 springs is causing this issue, then you may want to look at your drive shaft and u-joints. Ditching them may solve the problem too. BTW, 865 springs can be bought for around $180 a set.

I do have the 865 springs now, and I just replaced the rear shaft with a new one from Toyota, I am close to 1.5 inch lift. I just checked tonight and I do not have any severe angle in the front CV it is pretty much looked like stock.

I am going to remove the front shaft next weekend and see if that solves the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom