Drive IOWA Road Trip - DIRT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Last edited:
Well, here is Steph and I's plan....
Friday night, more than likely we will be taking Brent up on his offer to stay at his house (Brent I'll let you know if this changes, but for now count us in)
Saturday night we will be staying at the Super 8 in Manchester, which I'm pretty sure Casey/Debbie and Greg's gang will be staying at Friday and Saturday nights.
This should be a BLAST....hope so see some new faces as well as some of the new faces that made it to the Tall Corn Cruiser Classic.

Also, can I suggest that anyone that is planning on going PM Greg so we can get a head count as well as give him your phone number? That way we all don't have to post our phone numbers out on a public forum.

I talked to a few more people about this today and also posted a link back to here on fjcruiserforums.org... I'm starting to get a little giddy again! :grinpimp:

Greg, I also am bringing my daughters, One 12, Bailey and the other 6, Brayden. You won't even notice my son Bowen, 4. It should be fun for them.

If you run into any problems I live right off Highway 30 in Newhall. I will be up all day.

Rumor has it that Mr. Wickett will be joining us this weekend as well...should be a good group...sure hope the leaves change color today...:D

Well, I think we all made it back... Overton? Hope you made it home "relatively" dry...

Steph and I had a great time and will definitely be up for doing it again next time!

Here is what Steph and I saw and did:
Backbone State Park
Amish Country near Elkport Area
Elkport abandoned town buildings
Guttenburg (Lock #10)
Spook Cave
Pikes Peak State Park (Great Views of the Mississippi and Wisconsin Rivers)
Found a geocache with Casey and Debbie
Saw the Field of Dreams movie site
Went to the National Toy Tractor Museum in Dyersville
Cedar Rock (Frank Lloyd Wright designed home)

Here are a few pics from the trip, more located here:
http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l292/packman73/DIRT 07/

Pikes Peak Overlook
DSC03596.jpg

Elkport
DSC03587.jpg

Field Of Dreams
DSC03605.jpg

Toy Tractor Museum
DSC03615.jpg

Cedar Rock
DSC03647.jpg

is there any update on this? I dont live in iowa(just across the river in NE) but i grew up in Iowa and still consider myself an iowa boy....:clap:

loess hills

vote yes

I'm game! Let's make sure we don't do it the same weekend as Flat Nasty though.

I'm in as long at there isn't alot of freeway time. I'd prefer slower highways and county roads.

according to the official byway its mostly two lane highways...but looking on the map there are a lot of county roads we could take as well..... the door is wide open... when does everyone want to do this?...also are you guys thinking just jumping on from I80 and heading north or do you want to go to Hamburg and start the journey there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom