Drive Belt (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi There

Have a 2011 LC 200 ( 5.7 L engine).
A week aho hear a squeal upon start ipf rot 2 pr 3 times than it went away.

Truck has 100 K kmor 62 K miles.

How often should drive belts be replaced ?

Owner manual only mention to inspect it.

Pls advise.

Jay

I just bought a 2015 that was doing the same thing. I told the dealer I thought I was the idler bearing or a water pump. They looked at it and said it was just the main drive belt. I doubted that having had a seized idler bearing on my 100, but they swapped it and it went away.

70k miles.

IIRC, this is a 90k item...

Went to dealer gave me the below part #

90916-027559
90916-02680

The 5.7 L has 1 belt instead of 2.

Jay

Went to dealer gave me the below part #

90916-027559
90916-02680

The 5.7 L has 1 belt instead of 2.

Jay

Can someone help with the needed part # for 2011 LC 200 drive belt ?

90916-02680 has been superceded by 90916-A2033. The A2033 part is what I put on my 2013, which should be the same as yours.

While you are in there have a look at your water pump. Specifically get a mirror and see if there is white/light pink crusty stuff behind or inside the back of the water pump pulley. They are known to be a wear item on these trucks, and it leaking could contribute to a belt squeal.

90916-02680 has been superceded by 90916-A2033. The A2033 part is what I put on my 2013, which should be the same as yours.

While you are in there have a look at your water pump. Specifically get a mirror and see if there is white/light pink crusty stuff behind or inside the back of the water pump pulley. They are known to be a wear item on these trucks, and it leaking could contribute to a belt squeal.

Is this part # 90916-A2033 the idler of the belt ?

At 70 k miles would i replace only the main drive belt and leave the idler for later ?

Is this part # 90916-A2033 the idler of the belt ?

At 70 k miles would i replace only the main drive belt and leave the idler for later ?

MY opinion is that the idlers should be fine at that mileage unless they are showing symptoms. I plan to do my idlers and fan clutch& bearing at 150k.

FYI the belt runs on one idler, a tensioner (which has a pulley), and the fan support bearing.. . It's a fair amount of money to do all of that so early.

MY opinion is that the idlers should be fine at that mileage unless they are showing symptoms. I plan to do my idlers and fan clutch& bearing at 150k.

FYI the belt runs on one idler, a tensioner (which has a pulley), and the fan support bearing.. . It's a fair amount of money to do all of that so early.

Is the main drive belt typically changed at 70 k miles ?

Jay

Is the main drive belt typically changed at 70 k miles ?

Jay

I’m not sure. I got my truck at 105k and it needed a belt at ~120k. Not sure if it got one before that.

Is there a write up or walk through on how to change the belt? Mine is making noise. Everything looks like it's packed in there.

It’s definitely tight. Doing it with the water pump makes it much easier as you'll have created the working space. If doing the belt alone, I'd at least want to remove the top radiator hose so that I could snake the fan out the top. Then it's just a matter of releasing tension and R&R'ing the accessory belt.

Not worth opening the cooling system. Remove the lower skids and top vanity engine cover. A handful of 12 and 10mm bolts for the skids. I forget the size of socket needed to turn the tensioner to release it, but one of those on a breaker bar will release tension, then you can slip the belt off.
Drape new belt over and between access from the bottom and a long screwdriver to poke it into the right spots, you can get it mostly in place, then activate tensioner and slip the last pulley on.

I did this a few months ago and while the rad hose was somewhat in the way of the breaker bar to release tensioner it definitely wasn’t worth removing it.

You can lock the tensioner in place with a 6mm bolt 2-3" long. That allows you to put the belt in place starting at the bottom and working up. I've found it easiest to install the belt with the last pulley being the idler. hth

ETA...Hit your local parts store that lends tools. Borrow a serpentine belt wrench. It will have a long handle and a few sockets...one of which will fit the tensioner bolt. Easiest to me is to do it from the top. It will take a pretty good yank to move the tensioner enough to stick a bolt in the locking holes.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom