drive belt length (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
does anyone know the actual length of the drive belt for a 84 fj60. I had to bypass my ps pump for a while but have just replaced the pump. I used a kevlar lawnmower belt and it worked great and was much cheaper than the toyota belt. I thought i might try it again. The lm belt is rated for 3500rpms or so.

ok i know i will get flamed for this but here goes. I used a 68" lawnmower belt that i picked up for under $15. So far it has held but i have yet to go wheeling with it on. I am going to get a 68" kevlar belt before next saturday. Upstate cruisers has a wheeling event i plan to attend so a second belt is insurance. I have been told a kevlar belt should hold 3500 rpms or so. I am not sure how much the standard belt will hold.

ok i know i will get flamed for this but here goes. I used a 68" lawnmower belt that i picked up for under $15. So far it has held but i have yet to go wheeling with it on. I am going to get a 68" kevlar belt before next saturday. Upstate cruisers has a wheeling event i plan to attend so a second belt is insurance. I have been told a kevlar belt should hold 3500 rpms or so. I am not sure how much the standard belt will hold.

What should be also important is the contact area that the belt has with the pulley. Typically "V" belts have a tight fit into the sides of the pulley, don't bottom out and the outside of the belt rides a little higher than the edge of the pulley. All this combined with the thickness of the belt provides a contact area sufficient to transfer the required power from engine to accessory. Without this, the belt may slip and your accessory won't work properly. I have a hard time believing that a lawn mower belt, regardless of the materials it is made from, is designed to transfer as much power as the OEM belts.

it may not but i am gonna find out the hard way. lol!! It very well may not work but i do not do any real hardcore wheeling so we shall see. We shall see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom