Dripping condensation under glovebox (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks tried several combos but only got leaking windshield problem. Mines a Nevada truck so not much exposure to humudity.

Just clean out the drain with compressed air and/or a small stiff wire. Have you replaced the cabin filters? Cleaning out that box will be all you need to do, if the drain cleaning doesn't fix it.

I've had this a couple of years ago and my AC was draining normally. It turned out to be the seal around my evap housing going bad. I took the easy way out and just put a bead of sealant around it and it's been holding.

Anyone know what a deal might charge to clean the Evac?

It takes less time to fix it than it does to drive to the dealer.

Look underneath for the drain hose and stick a coat hanger in it, then clean it as mentioned above. It's on the PS near the manifold. Can't miss it.

*edit* Don't poke in too deep to cause damage to the core.

I noticed this after I took off my evaporator housing to do some cleaning, I wouldn't recommend taking the housing off to reseal since it's a pain.
It's only a few drops and it's not really a big deal to me and If I was ever to fix mine I'd just put some sealant over the leak.

If the housing is separated you can use a simply fabricated metal clamp to hold it together. Its a common 100 series issue. Mine used to drip and then stopped. But cleaning the drain and clamping down on the bottom of the housing should fix it. There used to be a fix thread for it with photos of the clamp job.

Try to get down and look under the dash at the evaporator housing and try to see if it is leaking from the seam. The easy, redneck fix is to take a dab of silicone or RTV sealer on your finger and smear along the housing seam, pressing it into the seam. I did that two years ago and no leak. Less than 5 minutes to complete. Yes, it's a half-baked fix, but it works.

Important to note the gasket has limited height, it only seals up to a certain point. If your drain is clogged and condensate reaches up above that level or you make a turn and it sloshes around, it could leak but have an intact gasket.

So step 1: remove cabin air filter and see if you can see debris and try and clean up (vacuum hose attachment?)
Step 2: unclog drain from below if housing is clear (otherwise it could easily clog again)
Step 3: inspect gasket if continues leaking

Anyone have a picture?
I took a few pictures while I was trying to clean the evap a few months ago, Usually the leak occurs at the bottom of the plastic cover.

IMAG0648.jpg

IMAG0654.jpg

There is a thread with lots of pics in the FAQ. You should read it too, @Bardiya , as you seem to not have the interior air filter slot either. My current (GCC) 100 did not have it. Easy fix and well worth it. UAE sand turns to cement in the evap when mixed with water, too me half a day to clean it out.

Just clean out the drain with compressed air and/or a small stiff wire. Have you replaced the cabin filters? Cleaning out that box will be all you need to do, if the drain cleaning doesn't fix it.
I read somewhere that a piece of weed eater line was a safer bet. Mine just started dripping as well (04LC), planning to try that first.

I read somewhere that a piece of weed eater line was a safer bet. Mine just started dripping as well (04LC), planning to try that first.
My tube is clear because I can see it dripping from the hose and it will make a normal size puddle when I park. I think my seam must be leaking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom