Drippage from lower cap studs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Blue77FJ40

SILVER Star
Threads
The drippage I'm getting from the lower cap studs on my knuckles would most likely be my inner axle seals failing, correct? Otherwise, it would be the heavy moly grease from the birfields separating, correct? Either way, I'm looking at a knuckle rebuild. What says the group knowledge?

I forgot to sniff the oil to see if it was gear oil. Will do so today.

Thanks, Dan

Seal failed or the last time you did it maybe you didn't get the knuckle centered. I messed up the latter the first time I did my 40 knuckles and had to redo them. The club owns a centering tool if you don't have one.

It’s seal time.

looks like you blew a seal :)

I think Dan should be heading to the tech day this Saturday :wrench: ...

Fear not, I've done this three times before. I've just ordered extra Marlin's eco seal inner axle seals as well as a full front axle service kit. I probably won't be using the bearings, but will be nice to have on hand in case.

Still putzing with the gas tank, lotta rust in there to dissolve before I POR15 gas tank liner that thing. That gallon of EvapoRust I won at a long past raffle finally got some use. The only inlet I'm having trouble sealing for this process is the main 2" spout. Don't see a 2" pipe plug anywhere local. My next step is a piece of a truck rubber inner tube and a hose clamp.

Maybe you should bring it by tech day and get it done right this time.:rofl::flipoff2:
Man, tough crowd.

mic drop minion.gif

Use one of these Dan

0B4CF84A-B834-4080-8FA4-28C6578F76E7.png

Thanks Burl. I hadn't seen one local, but just found a listing for that at a nearby HomeDepot thanks to you. Will hit it on the way home today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom