Drifta Drawers for 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

70sguy

SILVER Star
Threads
I've been getting some PMs about the Drifta D2DWT (Drifta 2 drawer w/ Table) Drawer system I picked up this summer, so I figured I'd just post some info and pics up.
This is one of two 80 series drawer systems that Luke shipped in a container to Washington State this spring.
I had Hanna carriers in my 80 and loved them, but when I saw the Drifta Drawers I just had to have.

DRIFTA Camping Kitchens - 4WD Fitouts

I'll get on with the pics
sept 23 008.jpg
sept 23 006.jpg
sept 23 007.jpg

The table kicks ass. Fully adjustable telescoping legs so you can level it almost anywhere.
The craftsmanship is top notch. It even has a cute little 2 ballbearing catch so it the table doesn't just
self deploy when you open your gate on a hill.
Oct 010.jpg
Oct 011.jpg
Oct 013.jpg

Love the simple Teflon drawer slides which are as slick as snot. No space wasted.
I also like that the drawer system is a complete unit which you can remove and store in the off season, unlike the build in situ drawer designs.

You do get to do some work yourself, if you order the side wing kit, it comes with the wood and carpet and misc hardware, brackets etc. The scribing and cutting is pretty straight forward. It really makes sense as there is so many variables in rear trim panels and peoples set ups.
The side wings just lift out for access to the jack compartment etc. No tools required.

If anyone wants some hands on I'll be at Surf & Turf next weekend.
Oct 014.jpg
Oct 015.jpg
sept 23 001.jpg

Thanks Sheldon! Luke's work looks awesome. Do you have a pic of the inside of the drawers? What is storage capacity like?

Drawer Interior dimensions are 37" Long x 20" Wide and 8.5" deep. Drawer on the table side is 6" deep.
The partitions come with the system and you screw em in where you want em... or not at all.
The drawers have spring loaded latch pins so you can slide em right out.
Surf & Turf will be the shakedown run for these drawers.
If you want to go all out you can get the slightly taller version of this Drawer system that takes the DCB Kitchen box in place of the high side drawer, Car back combo IIRC.
I've got the DPOS kitchen in my M101 Trailer already so I'm all set there.
Oct 016.jpg
Oct 017.jpg

Last edited:
Shake down run complete, back from Surf & Turf. The drawers did great. Not a single rattle or squeak back there. What a difference these make in keeping 10 days worth of gear for all of us organized. My wife sheepishly admitted on the trip that she didn't really *get* the drawer thing when I first installed em... but now she absolutely loves em. Of course on this trip I gave her the entire deep side drawer, one time deal of course..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom