Dreams do come true..... 60 content. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Grew up on 60/62 and Nissan Patrols.

Our family 60 bought new was stolen 4 years back, haven't been able to replace it. Many 100/200/80 series, purchases and leases, etc, but never had a 60 replacement, like the one we bought new.

6 years ago, was in Toyota MegaStore in Tokyo, and bought the exact model of the FJ60 that we had. It has been sitting in my office.... for all these years.

E3D4614B-D8E5-4096-8B14-8982F27D55C7.jpeg

@MoaByte
You are a funny guy!

Well as you see I am here 12 years. Wife is on her 3rd 200 (HE edition now), but the true love has always been the 60. Of course wanted a nice driver, that I could use with my boys. I DD a TT FJC which I love, but it doesn't have the 60 character.

I love the 62 front end and the 62 mirrors, but I really don't want a AT. So all these years of searching for a MT that is in budget, and not $40K on BAT etc.

I know people come South to buy their trucks. Of course, being a person with low IQ, I did the opposite!

So MY FJ will have rust. I am ok with it, as the rest of the truck drives great, A/C works, has smog equipment, and is completely stock, which is what I wanted.

I have a friend in Denver, who I called to go check it out. He went, met with owner, who was upstsanding and upfront about issues etc. My friend loved the drive, gave me the thumbsup. So I am buying this sight unseen and not having driven!

We came to an agreement. So it is mine! Very happy with it.

However, even though I always do a fly and drive, given COVID and snow storms, they are having, booked a truck to pick it up.

She will be picked up Nov 10th, and should be here soon after.

Here are some of the seller's pictures.

You are funnier! Rust is a normal thing. I'm happy you found one and hope you love it. The AT (Cripple Stick) can be remedied. I thought you were talking about the model!! Lol
Please post up some pictures

You are funnier! Rust is a normal thing. I'm happy you found one and hope you love it. The AT (Cripple Stick) can be remedied. I thought you were talking about the model!! Lol
Please post up some pictures
Next time I am in Moab (we were there in March in Canyonlands too with my FJC) will have to look it up.

Here are a few pics from seller.

That's purdy. Appears to be in better shape than mine when I bought it in 2014.

As far as how much money, well we don't talk about that around here. I had no intention of keeping my 60 pristine. I needed it to haul my kids, dogs, girlfriends, buddies, guns, boats and river gear to places in back of beyond. And sometimes just gracefully crawl a trail. So next time you are here it would be fun to get out into Land Cruiser habitat.

That's purdy. Appears to be in better shape than mine when I bought it in 2014.

As far as how much money, well we don't talk about that around here. I had no intention of keeping my 60 pristine. I needed it to haul my kids, dogs, girlfriends, buddies, guns, boats and river gear to places in back of beyond. And sometimes just gracefully crawl a trail. So next time you are here it would be fun to get out into Land Cruiser habitat.
My intentions are the same as you...kids, boats, rivers, farm, offroad....etc.....

My intentions are the same as you...kids, boats, rivers, farm, offroad....etc.....
I suggest a bomber rear bumper with recovery points and a receiver hitch then. The rear end is the most vulnerable area on trails. I'm always dragging the bumper. Trail Tailor has the rear quarter panels and the most likely rusted C-channels for the rear of your frame.

I suggest a bomber rear bumper with recovery points and a receiver hitch then. The rear end is the most vulnerable area on trails. I'm always dragging the bumper. Trail Tailor has the rear quarter panels and the most likely rusted C-channels for the rear of your frame.
Let me go to TT website and check it out. Thanks!

As long as the frame is solid and the body attachment & seatbelt points are solid, I wouldn’t worry about the rust. Sure, fix it and work to mitigate it - oil sprays, etc. But a bit of body rust shouldn’t impact your enjoyment of the vehicle. That’s a cool looking truck.

As long as the frame is solid and the body attachment & seatbelt points are solid, I wouldn’t worry about the rust. Sure, fix it and work to mitigate it - oil sprays, etc. But a bit of body rust shouldn’t impact your enjoyment of the vehicle. That’s a cool looking truck.
Agreed. All looks solid. Will post pics when in my possession

• Friend picking up title of truck for me ON saturday
  • Trucking company has been now paid - picking up truck Nov 10th.
  • Seller has been paid.
  • HOWEVER < while this was happening> WIFE DID A THING!!! Will have to make another thread....

Sweet!!! Love those pinstripes!
Thanks!!!! Me too. Paint on top is good as you see, body is good.

I guess (having 0 body/paint experience), can I have bodyshop fix bottom rust, and can they match paint to rest of car, without touching the top?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom