Dreaded head gasket??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well I think I may have the dreaded head gasket problem. :( There seem to be very small white deposits at the head gasket by the #4 and #5 cylinders on the exhaust side of the engine. Here is a pic that I hope shows what I see. There is a white spot above and to the right of the #5 frost plug and a white line above the block heater at the #4 cylinder. What do you think??
Sean.

That photo is not too clear to my old eyes. How does it look on the driver's side around #6 cylinder?

My imagination is running wild looking at that picture so don't pay any attention to me. I'm gonna try to skip this thread for the duration.

-B-
Head stuck firmly in ground

I'll go have a look at DS #6 and or try to get a better Pic.
Sean.

Holy @#$#, how do you get a look at #6 DS? Anyway here is hopefully a better pic. The white stuff is crusty and looks like a hard water deposit.
Sean

In my limited experience (1 rig :)), I concur with Christo. My '93 looked much like yours before I pulled the motor. No head gasket problem.

Thanks, Christ and cruiserman. Most likely I am just being paranoid.
Cheers,
Sean

While we whine a little about the head gasket problem on older cruisers, I am doing a 99 chevy van with 52,000 miles on it this weekend that has already had a transmission, a $600 water pump and now an intake leak on a Vortec 5.7. It will pay a good 7 hours to change the intake gasket. The owner is unhappy with the General.
It could be worse, we could drive Chebbies. ;)

[quote author=Gumby link=board=2;threadid=5563;start=msg44226#msg44226 date=1064358448]
While we whine a little about the head gasket problem on older cruisers, I am doing a 99 chevy van with 52,000 miles on it this weekend that has already had a transmission, a $600 water pump and now an intake leak on a Vortec 5.7. It will pay a good 7 hours to change the intake gasket. The owner is unhappy with the General.
It could be worse, we could drive Chebbies. ;)
[/quote]
And people wonder why I am biased towards Toyota engines in Toyota trucks. :slap: :doh: :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom