Drawers WITH 3rd row? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone make drawers for our truck with a third row installed. I use my third row quite a bit with the kids and would like some drawers that I can take in and out when I need to. I’m hoping these aren’t going to be custom only, but I’m afraid that might be the case.

Thanks

I believe there are several. What is the measurement between the seats in the upright position? Mine are removed. For example, the Landshark Reef 40 boxes without side wings are 40" wide.

Last edited:
It's pretty niche. The 200 market overall is niche... I'd recommend just getting a drawer module that will fit- Goosegear, us, whomever- and make your own mounting solution/plate. It won't be perfect but any organization is better than none!

I believe there are several. What is the measurement between the seats in the upright position? Mine are removed. For example, the Landshark Reef 40 boxes without side wings are 40" wide.

The space is about 36”, which is an odd size from what I’ve seen.

I stand corrected. Sorry. Sounds like custom
is the way to go.

Does anyone make drawers for our truck with a third row installed. I use my third row quite a bit with the kids and would like some drawers that I can take in and out when I need to. I’m hoping these aren’t going to be custom only, but I’m afraid that might be the case.

Thanks
Do you want one drawer beside a third row seat? Or something that is behind both third row seats? Or something to go between the stowed third row seats?
I can confirm the land shark single drawer will fit with a third row seat deployed and stowed.
If you want two drawers in between, a stacked land shark would fit ‘high tide’ and have some space for bags to the side.

Do you want one drawer beside a third row seat? Or something that is behind both third row seats? Or something to go between the stowed third row seats?
I can confirm the land shark single drawer will fit with a third row seat deployed and stowed.
If you want two drawers in between, a stacked land shark would fit ‘high tide’ and have some space for bags to the side.

I hear what you’re saying, and a single Land shark might be my only fabricated option. I’m ideally looking for a drawer(s) that will fit between the third row seats up in the stored position (approx. 36”). My end game is to have storage with a sleeping platform while I’m out.

A local cabinet shop could probably whip something up for you.

I hear what you’re saying, and a single Land shark might be my only fabricated option. I’m ideally looking for a drawer(s) that will fit between the third row seats up in the stored position (approx. 36”). My end game is to have storage with a sleeping platform while I’m out.
IIRC 36" is the distance of wheelwheels in CJ/YJ/TJ jeeps, so those products may fit your needs. I had these in a wrangler years ago and they were very sturdy.
Exterior Dimensions30" L x 35 3/8" W x 8" H

What about going the other direction and doing really thin seat, that could bolt to the top of your drawers? Like an early model FJ40 seat... you'd need to get a little creative with the seatbels but that would be pretty easy for lap belts. Then you'd have actual drawers under them, and the kids could sit on top.

Another idea is on my GX I built a 1/2 width cubby/storage on one side, so that the other side 3rd row could still be used. Not sure if you thought of that one yet...

My experience with all of the drawer systems I've had/installed is that the install is just too difficult to want to do it more more than once, and it's just not practical to remove them to use the seats again, plus they take up a ton of room so you'd need space in the garage or shed for them when they're not in the truck.

What about going the other direction and doing really thin seat, that could bolt to the top of your drawers? Like an early model FJ40 seat... you'd need to get a little creative with the seatbels but that would be pretty easy for lap belts. Then you'd have actual drawers under them, and the kids could sit on top.

Another idea is on my GX I built a 1/2 width cubby/storage on one side, so that the other side 3rd row could still be used. Not sure if you thought of that one yet...

My experience with all of the drawer systems I've had/installed is that the install is just too difficult to want to do it more more than once, and it's just not practical to remove them to use the seats again, plus they take up a ton of room so you'd need space in the garage or shed for them when they're not in the truck.

Aside… I finally sent my third row seats to the landfill… after staring at them in my garage for years…

I think just some well organized storage boxes that you can load and unload will serve you better then drawers you have to install and remove. Once you install and fill them up you will probably never remove them. Emptying and uninstalling them sounds like a nightmare

You gonna want to install them properly for safety reasons. That’s a lot of gear moving around in even in a small accident.

A couple organized boxes will do the same job.

With grown kids and grand kids have really needed a vehicle a few times that seats 6. Have 4 vehicles and none seat 6. We always have to take two vehicles or when my daughter came up last week she rented a big vehicle so we could all ride together

Wondering if one seat would fit with one ARB drawer. I haven't made the measurements, but will

Just looking to see if anyone did that? I would then use wolf packs with the seat up for stuff that I have in the 2nd drawer or stack my two drawers and mount fridge to floor with seat up??

Just thinking about it for now and wanted to see what others have done and what works.

from when I bought it. looks like one drawer should work. Measure twice before I do anything . . . . If I decide to do anything

30.jpg

With grown kids and grand kids have really needed a vehicle a few times that seats 6. Have 4 vehicles and none seat 6. We always have to take two vehicles or when my daughter came up last week she rented a big vehicle so we could all ride together

Wondering if one seat would fit with one ARB drawer. I haven't made the measurements, but will

Just looking to see if anyone did that? I would then use wolf packs with the seat up for stuff that I have in the 2nd drawer or stack my two drawers and mount fridge to floor with seat up??

Just thinking about it for now and wanted to see what others have done and what works.

I'm looking for the same.

I can do without 8 seats as it's a rare occasion where 2 cars will do. Definitely need 6 however for road trips. I took the drivers side 3rd row out which made for a ton more room. I'm considering a drawer to better manage the space with a fridge.

I saw a pic somewhere recently that had the drivers 3rd row taken out and had Dobinson drawer in. Couldn’t find it.

Yeah it fits.. but it's really tight to get that seat to flip down, you'll have to squish the seat foam a bit, and the galvanized metal of the ARB drawer will get the edge of the seat really dirty. Also be careful the bolt heads don't tear it. But yeah you can make it fit Ken. it's not gonna be fun though.

Just have the son in law crawl in back and lay on top of the drawers! you already got the grandkids so he's a little more expendable now. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom