Drawer system (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Planning on building a drawer system for the cruiser. Wanting to build this before collage while I have time. My goal is to make to sturdy yet appealing to look at. I have access to a wood CNC table and just about any other tools needed. Who has made their own? Reply with pictures and if anyone has files I could use for cnc table that would be a huge help!

Planning on building a drawer system for the cruiser. Wanting to build this before collage while I have time. My goal is to make to sturdy yet appealing to look at. I have access to a wood CNC table and just about any other tools needed. Who has made their own? Reply with pictures and if anyone has files I could use for cnc table that would be a huge help!
There are a few good threads on this. When I have a chance later I'll pull them up and share. Searching should get you to them as well.

Can save yourself some time in design and sourcing and order from these guys
>>100 Series Land Cruiser & LX470 - https://store.airdowngearup.com/collections/frontpage
It may look basic but it's pretty impressive how many different ways I can configure and store my gear depending on the task at hand. The open design allows for a lot of possibilities.

You may have missed the part about the OP having access to a CNC table. The cost of an SS1 is all on the intricacies of the design, not the materials and parts list. With any decent level of skill to operate a CNC table he can himself build a slick "SS1" type system himself, or something better.

You may have missed the part about the OP having access to a CNC table. The cost of an SS1 is all on the intricacies of the design, not the materials and parts list. With any decent level of skill to operate a CNC table he can himself build a slick "SS1" type system himself, or something better.
Yeah, probably could. Just giving the option of pressing the easy button and ordering something that already exist and works well based on my experience.

True, the cost of the SS1 is partially about the design intricacies (what I like to refer to as refinement), but also economies of scale. Even with all our industrial tooling investments taken out of the picture, you'd still have the raw parts costs to contend with. That can get real expensive if you're not buying commercial quantities.

That all being said, I think @AndersonDin is after the experience and creating/building as much as the product. That sounds like an awesome project to take on prior to college. :)

I think there are a handful of us around here that built our own drawers. There are some pics and info about my build in this thread:

I did mine with a pencil, tape measure and basic hand tools. Having access to a CNC machine would make things much easier.

22DB246E-0D8C-47C8-B2CC-522C2C97DA47.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom