Drawer Slides and 1/4 turn Lock Review (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Drake2

SILVER Star
Threads
I just finished a custom machine design & build for a customer and thought I would post a review of these drawer slides and 1/4 turn latches for those folks that may find them useful.

The drawer slides are from McMaster Carr. P/N 6603A46
500 lb capacity per pair

The 1/4 turn latch is McMaster P/N 1820A21

The slides worked out very well for translating the rotating equipment guard/cover. The slides appear to be heavy duty and good quality. The only thing I did not like was that when extended out the greasy slides were exposed to dust, dirt, etc...Other than that I like them and would buy them again.

The 1/4 turn latch was of good quality, worked well, and looks very nice installed. I know they also have them in black if the shiny bling look is not your thing. The latches come with 2 different plates (one straight and one offset).

Obviously pricing is more expensive with McMaster Carr so if you were going to buy many of these I would contact the manufacturer (Accuride) of the slides to see who else is a distributor or the possibility of buying direct.

Here are the pics:

1605368547571.JPEG

1605368547252.JPEG

1605368548148.JPEG

1605368548623.JPEG

1605368547854.JPEG

The only thing I did not like was that when extended out the greasy slides were exposed to dust, dirt, etc...
I used these (accuride) on my drawer build.. going on 8 years now.. even on dust and sandy environments the slides have not disappointed...
The lock in / lock out did fail on one of them (it does not lock on the out position, both sides left & right have a yellow tab), but that's about it.. heavy slides, but great non the less...
I bought these from a now defunct business, but the price on these has stayed consistent throughout the years... Dealing without the middleman would be ideal.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom