drawer sliders source? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lx450landcruiser

Threads
i have a plane for a rear box systel however i need drawer sliders that will mount on the sides and be able to hold alot of weight (i.e say 400 pounds?) they also have to be able to move in 3 positions so like middle position, out position, and then out the other way position.

heres a little help to see what im talking about also the sliders have to be fairly long like 40 inches or so
box plan.jpg

The only way I can think to accomplish what you want would be two sets of slides, one facing one way, and then a second set mounted inside of the first set, but facing the other way. That would be a chunk of change in slides.

If you know anyone in Information Technologies, try and see if they have any rack mount slide kits for old servers they wanna throw away. I've got at least 8 sets sittin in my garage that I've set aside for projects tht were never started. They mount securely, have a buttload of ball bearings to slide on, and lock in the out position. Slide out as far as 2 ft easy. They are heavy, but heavy duty....

I used the Lee Valley ones - very good. Heavy, but they work well. I'm sure there are good sources in the US?

Mike,

I'm simply curious, is this for a vehicle mounted cargo system or for something else?

Ali

cargo system as mentioned in another thread. although i have a feww other ideas that play along the same idea as well

Ah...I see...you must have some serious spare parts (400 lbs) ;) You planning on carrying your Plasma with you on the trail :D

Ali

lol na not spare parts but people. want to carry me and the girl. just over building as usual

www.candhsales.com

The C&H is like 10 min away from me. I got some Accuride slides for my drawer build there- $15/pr. I had a extra few slides I gave to a friend to build his drawer up.
They are like a surplus store so I dont know what they happen to have in stock... lots of weird, cool stuff tho.

I know you don't weigh more than a buck fitty soaked... so she must be a big girl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom