Draining Coolant From Rear Heater Lines (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
By-passed the rear heater in December right before a 2,000-mile road trip (glad I noticed the leak BEFORE the trip!). Easy job but I did not have time to look into draining the rear lines. How are most people draining them? Just pull a rubber hose section loose? Compressed air? I still get a puddle on the ground every once in awhile back there. Did a search but did not find too much. Thanks.

--Mark

Itll self drain once it completely rusts through :grinpimp:

But alohajen had a good method of cutting top of 20oz soda bottle and duct taping to shop vac and pulling it all out.

Did you open up the lines or just blow it all out of the existing hole causing the leak? Yep, I don't want to kill our pet.

Did you open up the lines or just blow it all out of the existing hole causing the leak? Yep, I don't want to kill our pet.

I just blew air into the passenger side line that is attached to the firewall and the majority of it pushed out the line on the driver's side. Whatever the pool didn't catch, I mopped up with some of my "construction towels"(old bath towels that work great for wiping off muddy paws, etc).

I had already done the bypass, so the old lines were easy to access.

I had put a rubber stopper over the PS firewall nipple. I drilled a small hole in that and inserted the end of my compressor nozzle in there. Boy did that do the trick. Ran some tap water in the lines and blew it out some more. I use the old school Zerex coolant so I don't want any on the ground unless its diluted as much as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom