Drain Plug Seal T-case (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I pulled the leaking drain plug seal out of the less than 1yr old new t-case. I have several of the drain plug seals for the diffs. The t-case is a solid seal, the diff seal is a crush type seal. Will the diff seal work on the t-case?
kurt

In using the crush type diff drain plug seal, which way does the seal go? There is a smooth side and a side that crushes?
kurt

Kurt,
The xfer case is aluminum and your diffs are steel. Use the proper gasket. I know your dealer is a long way but having the right parts on hand is something you'll have to plan for before draining the xfer.

-B-

I replaced all my drain plugs with these low profile magnetic ones (tcase, tranny and diffs).

1630s.jpg

I used the old seal from the old t-case. If it leaks I am only out the price of the oil.
kurt

Chris,
Where did you buy your plugs at?
Bill

Bill,
Factory plugs of that design are available. They are used most often in Trans oil pans.

Yep the plugs and gaskets are a dealer item. All Pro Off Road sells them mail order for $4 each.

Chris

I can't believe how clean the underneath of your truck is. You must either have very clean roads or else you've got a pressure washer...

Jim :eek:

Chris

I can't believe how clean the underneath of your truck is. You must either have very clean roads or else you've got a pressure washer...

Jim :eek:

I think I am the first person to ever put this one in low range. The under side looked like new when I got it.

The leak was not the drain plug seal. It is leaking next to the drain plug. The seal for the front extensiln housing assembly is leaking. As the t-case less than a year old, I will get to find out how Toyota deals with their parts warranty. I installed the t-case my self. I never had a new Toyota part fail.
kurt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom