Drain plug? Overflow? Help identifying? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
New to forum. Just bought 100 series then went to toyota and had them do all fluid changes and inspection. Now hv what looks like tranny fluid drip on a plug next to o2 sensor. Did 1/4 turn tightening but still persists. Any help would be appreciated.

IMG_0143.jpeg

Engine block coolant drain. It may have some grit keeping it from sealing. Put a bit of hose over the nipple into a catch can, then loosen the plug and tighten it after you get a bit of flow out of it. That may reseal it. Otherwise, it also might self seal after a bit of it’s just weeping.

Engine block coolant drain. It may have some grit keeping it from sealing. Put a bit of hose over the nipple into a catch can, then loosen the plug and tighten it after you get a bit of flow out of it. That may reseal it. Otherwise, it also might self seal after a bit of it’s just weeping.
Only other thing I'm wondering though is it feels like oil. Is that what engine oil coolant is like?

Only other thing I'm wondering though is it feels like oil. Is that what engine oil coolant is like?
Coolant does feel oily. You can take the top out of your overflow bottle and feel the hose to confirm.

Coolant does feel oily. You can take the top out of your overflow bottle and feel the hose to confirm.
Thx again. Coolant overflow is that same color and texture. After looking at it again it's obviously on the engine block. I appreciate the assistance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom