SOLD Drain Plug for later 40-series fuel tank. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bear

SILVER Star
Threads
Hunting for the large drain plug for the under-floor gas tank. Has a large square-recess for tightening.

Please PM me a price.

Thank-you !

Michael

Could this be the one? This plug is for 1982 to 1985 FJ40. I just took a picture of the 1984 FJ45 troopy and it seems to be the same plug.

If it is the right one you need, the unit is at partsouq for $3.18 but $13 for shipping UPS or Fedex..

Check the pictures..

God bless

20210402_214512.jpg

20210402_214522.jpg

20210402_215114.jpg

Thank-you, Edmond, for that.

Here's what I know: There were 2 different drain plugs from 1/79 - 6/85. Both seem to be listed as no longer made.

From 1/79 - 10/82 plug 90341-24036. plug thread is M24-1.50.

From 10/82 - 6/85 plug 90341-20003/20004. plug thread is M20. (Apparently also used on Celica and other models during that time period)

I'm looking for the earlier one, M24-1.50 thread.

My next PartSouq order will include a later smaller one, if still around. Thank-you for the offer to help.

Even though I also do have an '83, it seems the 2 different plugs look the same from outside the tank, and I never pulled one and sat them side-by-side to notice the 2mm difference !

Thanks for taking the time to help ! Much appreciated !

So, to repeat, need the 24mm diameter threaded fuel tank plug (90341-24036).

Be well.

MS

don't forget the gasket also. last time I drained my tank the gasket tore, I was at work so I think I used an oring and it is still holding

I've got a few extra tanks in the shop, if you can't find one locally

Thanks @3_puppies. Tank is fine, just looking for the darned plug.

The earlier of the two gaskets says NLA, so just cutting some Viton sheet for that.

Thanks @3_puppies. Tank is fine, just looking for the darned plug.

I meant I can take 1 of the plugs out as I've had the tanks for years and haven't done anything with them

Well, thank-you. If you sell one to me, then you will be in the same boat as I am down the line.

If you're certain it's okay, then please let me know what you'd like for it plus shipping to So. Calif., along with your Paypal, and I will zip payment to you ASAP.

Many thanks,
PMing you shipping info.

MS

Last edited:
I may have a spare if you need one on loan until you can find a replacement... I hate seeing trucks off the road!

Thanks, friend. Hoping to buy one from one of the guys here.

Let me know if you need it! All good if you get a good one here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom