Downsizing vehicle stable... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mtbcoach

Threads
I have shared with a few friends of the new path I’m on, moving to the coast, downsizing from my compound to a postage stamp of a lot near the beach. Along with property downsizing, I purged before leaving all that space, continuing to do so down here finding my new space quite snug with all my crap. A big part of this was waiting until I completed my move was to downsize my truck needs.

As much as I’ve loved my ‘15 Ram 2500 quadcab 4x4 Cummins, it has served me fantastically, it is a service vehicle which I don’t need any longer. Yes, there is a large part of me that knows the value of such a strong vehicle, great as a bug-out rig, I could probably get 90% of my valuables in it, in the event I had to evacuate. However, high insurance rates, dealer servicing and it’s not great for the life of a big diesel on short drives as I’m doing living on Pleasure Island. So, the Ram is being sold to Carmax, their best offer for it with 44k miles is $26k.

New truck...1960 Chevrolet El Camino...my dream truck, the Gentleman’s Truck. I prefer the ‘60 with the flying jet design, found this out of a collection being liquidated in Wisconsin, 20 year old restoration that has been climate controlled stored/car show driven since. I couldn’t be happier, finding this color works perfect for the beach instead of arrest me red or black. Still working on a name, must be something representative of my big girl with that wonderful grill and @ssend...
28A4FCB4-3D5F-4E24-A9E9-DFB0DEA0CDE6.jpeg
19AD1296-27F1-4152-BB16-BBDB1E135C11.jpeg
44FF7C9B-8097-4F84-A7D6-3019026C46A1.jpeg
C486E7DA-5C83-467A-862E-71FE5F7CE305.jpeg
5CB8F8E0-1578-4AA5-80B4-140FA864F380.jpeg

sweet!!

styling........nice.

nice!!!! enjoy pleasure island!!!!

Highly recommend selling to carvana... they will offer you more than carmax. Good luck!

Congratulations on the classic ride. The ladies will love it!

I wish I had known about the Ram. I’m in the market for a truck just like that. If you haven’t taken it to Carmax yet, hit me up. I’ll be in Carolina Beach all this week, so I might be able to work it out. Congrats on the El Camino. ‘59 - ‘60’s are the absolute best with the tail fin styling. Beautiful truck.

@Mtbcoach That's beautiful! I've always had a soft spot for the 1960 Impala and the 1960 Ford Galaxie.

I had a great experience with Carvana as well. I posted a vehicle for sale on CL and they contacted me. Gave me a decent offer; ended up getting almost $1k more on a private party sale but was pretty impressed with Carvana for a 'wholesale' offer.

so how long till a lift, portal axles, and diesel swap enter your mind??? ;)

beautiful truck Jerry

I wish I had known about the Ram. I’m in the market for a truck just like that. If you haven’t taken it to Carmax yet, hit me up. I’ll be in Carolina Beach all this week, so I might be able to work it out. Congrats on the El Camino. ‘59 - ‘60’s are the absolute best with the tail fin styling. Beautiful truck.
PM sent Dave...

so how long till a lift, portal axles, and diesel swap enter your mind??? ;)

beautiful truck Jerry

For the first time in a long while, I don’t plan to phawk with this, bought to enjoy, not tear apart and sell for a 50% loss as my usual habit.

However, looking at how well a Sniper EFI might work for this old girl...🧐

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom