For Sale Downey Toyota rear swing out tire carrier. Its in great shape ready to install. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Downey Toyota rear swing out tire carrier. Its in great shape ready to install....Price $200 Please check it out ! Own a piece of FJ40 history. Mounts with Toyota hinges installed .Yes the same holes already in your tub,
Downey Toyota rear tire carrier for sale in very nice shape .$200. Dave. .The Cruiser had dual front shocks and an aftermarket roll bar all Downey products if my memory serves me correct. I believe I took this off a 71 or 72 FJ40. Most likely 21-23 years ago,,,
Dave at rockntag@msn.com

EbXn3vF%TAupb1RpiFSELA.jpg

lL5EzgJ5QWCfdzA0TA6vNg.jpg

tdAbJ+TcRJe1mIHN7947EA.jpg

1T7a4nZUQBGMN1J9XRloSw.jpg

zKBXPWUdRg6yyhIHZWcQpA.jpg

Last edited:
Cool x 2.

Will it fit a ‘77?

Hi Dave, you might want to get with Jim on this one. It almost looks like it would be specific to earlier Land Cruiser with the carrier on the passenger side. @Downey

/This\

Thanks Mark I also have some parts to ship off to you,,,are you ready to get a few parts Dave
Yes. I’m trying to tie up a lot of loose ends. Your stuff is certainly one of them.

We made that tire carrier back when all spare tires were mounted on the passengers side, I frankly don't remember if it can be mounted onto the other side, but my best guess is it can if stock carrier hinges are spaced (up and down vertically) the same as earlier, and body width is the same. BTW, that square tubing has very thick wall, designed to center the tire with Con-Fear G.I. can carriers on either side.

Many years ago Downey Toyota was the KING in designing and building parts for FJ40's. I also have brand new never mounted Downey headers for V-8 conversions. Yes 2 sets....Dave

Very interesting to hear. I have been to Downey Toyota a hundred times for work purposes. Never knew.

Downey Off Road, not Downey Toyota..

I started as "Downey Off Road Center" at the Downey Toyota Dealership in 1970. We moved the off road business away from the Dealership in 1975, then I purchased the off road business away from the Dealership in 1978, and changed the name to "Downey Off Road Mfg" since we were designing and manufacturing Landcruiser parts. We actually didn't get to build in large quantities with automated CNC machinery until Toyota started selling twice as many 4WD Mini Pickups per month as they sold Landcruisers per year. Toyota actually gave me two 4WD Mini Pickups 6 months before they were introduced so that we could get a jump on accessories for the new Pickups- - - Sweet Deal.

RE LISTING I thought I had it sold earlier. thanks for checking this out !

Downey Toyota rear swing out tire carrier. Its in great shape ready to install....Price $200 Please check it out ! Own a piece of FJ40 history. Mounts with Toyota hinges installed .Yes the same holes already in your tub,
Downey Toyota rear tire carrier for sale in very nice shape .$200. Dave. .The Cruiser had dual front shocks and an aftermarket roll bar all Downey products if my memory serves me correct. I believe I took this off a 71 or 72 FJ40. Most likely 21-23 years ago,,,
Dave at rockntag@msn.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom