Downey TBI 2F Starting issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
thedirttourist.com
I recently picked up a 1985 60 series with the stock 2F with a Downey fuel injection kit installed. The wiring is a total mess so I'm in the process of cleaning that up but as the weather has warmed up here in Spokane, I've been experiencing the truck not wanting to start. The truck has a "kill switch" button installed as well. When I click it off and back on I can still hear the inline fuel pump prime and it'll crank all day long. I know I'm getting spark and I checked all the plug wires/dizzy wire. My mind goes to a bad coolant temp sensor potentially or possibly something inside of the TBI is actually clogged to get the truck started (sort of like a 5th injector issue on a 22re). Once the truck starts, it seems to be sitting pretty at 12psi and runs well.

Any ideas? Anyone familiar with the downey system? I tried searching around the forums for issues with the downey system but didn't find much.

Not familiar with the Downey system but the coolant temp sensor is a logical place to start. Maybe a bad sensor or a bad connection. Also make sure all the grounds are good and the battery terminals are clean and tight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom