Downey Off-road: FJ Cruiser 3 1/2" lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, thought you might like to know that this kit is now officially available. I believe the total cost is around 1280.00.

2007 FJ Cruiser Suspension

Downey's 2007 FJ Cruiser suspension system utilizes our 2003-06 4 Runner front struts, which feature custom manufactured Bilstein shocks and 30% heavier duty Tundra coils. This lift system is fully adjustable up to 3 1/2" of lift with no trauma to the front CV joints. Downey's 2003-06 4 Runner rear coils are a perfect fit and giver a 1 3/4" lift. When used with Downey's new polyurethane upper springs seats (FJ Cruiser specific), rear-end lift match front-end lift at 3 1/2". Your 33" - 34" tires will fit perfectly, 35" tires rub slightly. For more information contact Downey Off Road Mfg., (562) 949-9494 or e-mail Downeyoffroad@aol.com.

DOWNEY OFF-ROAD Manufacturing
9734 Alburts Ave.
PO Box 3725
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670-3221
P: 562-949-9494
F: 562-949-5718
E: http://www.downeyoff-road.com/
Downey FJ Cruiser Susp. front & back.jpg

Last edited:
Saw one of these at GSMTR and it does look pretty nice!

Damn !!! and the race start .. how much time to see in the trails a really huge liufted FJ with solid axles and 37" tires .? :grinpimp:

already know of one being done with an Atlas, solid axles, and 39.5's ;)

I have the Downey lift on my fj every thing is shown in the photo above except sway bar spacers, rear coils and shocks. The front lift is totally adjustable for ride heighth and stiffness. I like to be able to adjust after I get bumpers and armor.

I believe tha'ts the AllPro rig, being setup for a summer magazine run around the NW part of the US...

someone may have to PM them and get a build thread going ;)

inthewall said:
I have the Downey lift on my fj every thing is shown in the photo above except sway bar spacers, rear coils and shocks. The front lift is totally adjustable for ride heighth and stiffness. I like to be able to adjust after I get bumpers and armor.

What was the total price for the Downey lift?

Newps said:
Hey guys, thought you might like to know that this kit is now officially available. I believe the total cost is around 1280.00.

2007 FJ Cruiser Suspension

Downey's 2007 FJ Cruiser suspension system utilizes our 2003-06 4 Runner front struts, which feature custom manufactured Bilstein shocks and 30% heavier duty Tundra coils. This lift system is fully adjustable up to 3 1/2" of lift with no trauma to the front CV joints. Downey's 2003-06 4 Runner rear coils are a perfect fit and giver a 1 3/4" lift. When used with Downey's new polyurethane upper springs seats (FJ Cruiser specific), rear-end lift match front-end lift at 3 1/2". Your 33" - 34" tires will fit perfectly, 35" tires rub slightly. For more information contact Downey Off Road Mfg., (562) 949-9494 or e-mail Downeyoffroad@aol.com.

DOWNEY OFF-ROAD Manufacturing
9734 Alburts Ave.
PO Box 3725
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670-3221
P: 562-949-9494
F: 562-949-5718
E: http://www.downeyoff-road.com/

That kit seems extremely expensive for what you get. A set of Donahoes and then rear OME coils and shocks would be about the same price. The "coilover" kit that they are using is commonly available at any "circle track" racing store for about $40 a piece and simple slide on to any regular bilstein shock.

inthewall said:

So far how has the lift been for you. I am looking at the options and I like the Downey, but not alot of people have used it. Give us some more feedback on how it works and pros and cons. Thanks

Downey lift works awesome. I havent rubbed a tire at all . Ride is a little rougher due to the fact i have the front adjusted stiff. Waiting on bumper winch combo. There is probably room to spare for a taller tire but you would have to change rim offset for anything wider. My opinion anyway.Be sure to get alignment after lift. It changes geometry quite a bit. I have tested the fj in a lot of ditches, creek crossings, steeeep hill climbs and descents. love the thing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom