Downey lift? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Chad,
Mine's out of jail, so if you want to drive it sometime to see how the OME 2.5 suits you, feel free. Just don't put any gashes in my rocker panels. :flipoff2:

I'm sure you want to go higher than 2.5" to fit those 44" Gumbo Mudders you are planning on, but you might see how you like the ride quality of the OMEs.

Steve

PS ~ Any word on the sliders?

I ran Downey springs for several years. I got them long before OME had a presence in the US. I now run OME. Night and day in my opinion. In addition the folks at the "D" place seem to be a bit full of themselves at times.......;)

I run Downeys & I was perfectly happy w/ them.
Then a friend of mine installed OME.
I'm not happy anymore.

Downeys are cheaper.

Arleaux said:
Downeys are cheaper.

Are you sure about that?

If memory serves I paid amost 300 bucks for mine 11 years ago (springs only).

According to my Downey catalog, the springs are made in Australia. Hence, they are imported and not a true Downey product. Could Downey have contracted a company like OME to make these springs?

I had Downey springs on my '85. They were much better than stock, but nowhere near the quality of an Alcan spring.

Thanks for the replies! That is kinda what I figured, but I thought I would ask. Sounds like I need to place an order and wait for a box!

Steve- Thanks for the offer. I'm glad she's out, but the rocker damage is for my baby only! As for the sliders, the story is they are top priority and I should have them before the lift.

cruiserdan said:
Are you sure about that?

If memory serves I paid amost 300 bucks for mine 11 years ago (springs only).

I'll have to see if I can find receipts, but I remember adding it up at the time.
Seems like OME was going to run around $625, & I got the Downeys for about $550. That was for 4 springs & 4 shocks.

Downey has a horrible reputation for customer service. I did have a pair of rear springs for my 4runner which were fine, but I only had it for less than a year, so not sure how they will hold up, they were about the only option I could find for that application.

When I bought my OME springs about 2 years ago, Downey quoted me $400 for their springs and they were complete A-holes. Why bother.

has anyone besides Dan ran them on an 80?
they have a lower price now, and claim they are made in the USA with a 2.5" lift and the set comes with Bilsteins and a rear brake line too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom