SOLD Downey Round Air Cleaner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GA Architect

SILVER Star
Threads
Looking for the Downey Air Cleaner as seen below:

1573700075582.png

If you have one for sale, please send me a PM.

Thanks in Advance!

I had to quit building both of the air cleaners shown above because the new foundry wanted me to pay more for the raw castings than the completed air cleaners with K&N filter elements could be sold for. Also, I doubt the bottom filter shown above (made for Holley 350 conversion) would work with the TBI conversion if using the Downey adapter since it is a tall plenum chamber type adapter, so air cleaner might hit the hood.

I'm still looking for one of these Downey round air cleaners:

1573700075582-png.2132592

As stated above, I can no longer get a good/decent price on castings, latest quote was more for castings only than the whole machined air cleaner use to sell for complete with machining and a $$$ new K&N filter element. But what I do have left in stock is one of the off-set bottom lids for that air cleaner. If I can find a 9" diameter round top lid I can modify it to make one last Downey TBI air cleaner- - -stay tuned.

I now have one (1) round air cleaner, it has the original Downey bottom off-set lid, a new K&N filter element, but a chrome K&N top lid (not righteous Downey top lid), any interest???

I now have one (1) round air cleaner, it has the original Downey bottom off-set lid, a new K&N filter element, but a chrome K&N top lid (not righteous Downey top lid), any interest???
I need the top as well. I have a guy who does sand castings and would like to have him give these a go. If they turn out, I'd do a few sets.

If anyone that runs across this thread has a top and bottom I can borrow, I'd gladly play for shipping. Also, I'd return your original set and one extra for your kindness.

My post #11 above no longer valid. What I have is one of the original off-set bottom lids/base for the Downey TBI air cleaner you want, but no original top lid or filter element. You score hugely if you can find one of the Downey top lids. Then it merely takes a 9" diameter K&N filter element, height of your choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom