Downey 5.7L to H41 4spd adapter reuse with 5.3 or 6.0? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.octagonmma.com
I could be very soon dropping in a 5.3 or 6.0 as replacement for the 5.7 currently in my 40. We used a Downey adapter to wed the above stock 4spd and tcase to the 350. Thieves stripped my 5.7 down to just the block. Maybe I can make a coffee table out of it or something.....

Offhand, does anyone know if the newer small blocks would bolt up? As a Texas trail rig the 6.0 would be ludicrous. I hunt a lot. I don't wheel much.

Bellhousing works but new flywheel and clutch needed. The newer ls engines dont have the top bellhousing bolt, but its not needed.

as above the bellhousings are the same pattern and bolt straight up but one bolt hole isn't drilled and tapped on the block I think there's a gallery or something behind it, the blocks don't have the wide flange at the back where the bellhousing bolts on so you end up with the heads sitting 2 inches further back so you have to factor that into your firewall clearances, we used an LS1 flywheel on my conversion it bolted straight on

block.jpg

You'll need a special crankshaft pilot bushing adapter that adapts the standard bronze pilot bushing to the 1.707" 5.3/6.0 crank, I have one left, runs about 17 bucks, PM me. I can also get you the special LS-1 flywheel (dual bolt pattern, .400" thicker) that works with the Chevota clutch you already have. it runs about 250 bucks??. Try to get a 5.3 or 6.0 that came out of a stick shift, that way the new computer won't be looking for a signal from your Toyota 4 speed tranny. You will still need a 40 pulse VSS signal for the new engine, do some checking around to find out what the guys are doing for that now that Downey is out of business????? You'll also need new LS-1 front motor mounts, PM me.

Jim I started a convo with you....if that's the same thing? New MUD is confusing......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom