Downey 4" lift springs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gus

SILVER Star
Threads
Does anyone run the Downey 4" lift springs on their rig, are they as soft/flexible as claimed. I'd also be interested in hearing about any other 4" lift springs for the FJ40 that provide a good amount (the more the better) of flex. ???

While doing my own investigation a few months back, it was relatively a unanimous vote in favor of Skyjacker's 4" spring packs.  Best ride & flex of the various FJ40 spring manufacturers.

P.S. You'll also get nods for the OME system, but it comes with a hefty price tag. Best thing I can say about that is that at least it is a COMPLETE kit...comes with ALL bushings, greasable shackles, greasable leaf spring pins, etc.

The biggest downside of the Downey's from what I've heard is that they tend to sag quickly. I did a LOT of research before I bought a lift for my Cruiser. Like Halo3 said, the best seem to be OME or Skyjacker. I did hear good things about BDS systems as well. I have the 4" Skyjacker kit and I have no complaints. It rides well on-road and flexes really well off-road. Just my 2 pennies worth :D

:D Thanks for the input guys, I've heard a lot about the Skyjacker units, I'll most likely end up with those. :G

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom