Downey 4 inch lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

PabloCruise

SILVER Star
Threads
I was getting a request to see how this lift looks, so I will post up some pics...

1978 FJ-40

As best as I can tell, orig springs were on it.

Went stock height shackles in front, 1.5 inch over in back.

Flipped rear spring pack to extend wheelbase.

First pics show stock spring height:
MVC-680F.JPG
MVC-681F.JPG
MVC-682F.JPG

Flipping rear spring pack to extend wheelbase

First pic shows the two rear springs side by side to measure spring pin offset from center. About 2 inches offset from center, or 4 inches difference btwn mounting springs conventionally, or flipped.

Wheelwells will need to be opened up, and exhaust pipe moved.
MVC-687F.JPG
MVC-840F.JPG
MVC-841F.JPG

Right on Pablo, Gettin up there.
What tires are you going to run?
Did you relocate your rear spring hangers to increase your wheelbase?

trucruiser said:
Right on Pablo, Gettin up there.
What tires are you going to run?
Did you relocate your rear spring hangers to increase your wheelbase?

I'm thinking 33x10.50 might be nice. This will be a mild rig.

Didn't touch the spring hangers, just flipped the spring pack.

Sounds good,
Hey if you get the 33-10 BFG i have an extra spare with about 50% tread.

flipped rear

Do you plan to extend the stock axle, or will one from some other rig work? I need to do this to my 40 bad.

why????you ask

PabloCruise said:
Just sitting on them for now... I hear they are the bomb for SOA...

I have two extra packs as well. I think they are fronts w/ add-a-leafs.

Why?

why,,,soa of course, i think i have a rear set from mabrodis.
just wondering if you want to sell the front pair. (hehehe,trade you for some nissan parts ;) )

You say the stock rear DS is 24" flange to flange, and you need it to be 26". I was wondering if there is another cruiser, maybe a 60 or 80 that has this length, or will you be cutting and adding 2"'s or lenght to your stock rear DS. I guess I needed to say DS instead of axle. Doh! Thanks, and I look forward to contributing. Here is a try at posting my rig, so you can see why I need the extension.

view_photo.php

Im in Greeley, but work in Ft Collins.
The spare is a 33-10.5-15 BFG MT KM

2badfjs said:
why,,,soa of course, i think i have a rear set from mabrodis.
just wondering if you want to sell the front pair. (hehehe,trade you for some nissan parts ;) )

Haha! Actually, her starter has been behaving lately... :confused: I think after she heard price she went and talked to it and told it to be a good starter.

I forgot, you have a 40! I couldn't figure out your interest in 40 springs when you have a 60, already SOA.

Sure, I think we can get you hooked up with the fronts...

You know anyone w/ extra third members sitting around in our area? I'm kinda worried about my rear...

Tejas Cruiser said:
You say the stock rear DS is 24" flange to flange, and you need it to be 26". I was wondering if there is another cruiser, maybe a 60 or 80 that has this length, or will you be cutting and adding 2"'s or lenght to your stock rear DS. I guess I needed to say DS instead of axle. Doh! Thanks, and I look forward to contributing. Here is a try at posting my rig, so you can see why I need the extension.

view_photo.php

Chris, that is a NICE looking rig!

As for the driveshaft, I opted to lengthen mine. I think by the time I bought another front and shortened it, it would have cost the same as lengthening mine.

Finding another app. that would fit right in would be a good bit of knowledge to have!

Anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom